Sign in with
Your question

ADSL & ETHERNET Question

Last response: in Networking
November 22, 2006 11:59:24 AM

Dear all,

I have two internet connections, one on ADSL & the other on Ethernet. I'm trying to get a device that has two wan ports, one wan port being ADSL & the other wan port being Ethernet, I can't seem to find one though unfortunatly.......

I have got one of these devices: http://www.shoppingcentre.net/shop/rj11-rj45-adapter-p-...

I was thinking whether I could put the ADSL cable into it, and then on the otherside put Ethernet and thus try and convert ADSL to Ethernet but I have been told this won't work (to be honest I didn't think it would, because ADSL runs on a different protocol..... unless someone thinks I ought to try it.

Alternatively, If I could some how convert Ethernet to ADSL and get a device that has to ADSL WAN ports??

I'm not sure what to do really, but I need a device that can handle both my ADSL & Ethernet web connection, ideally do load balancing between them as well.

If anyone can help me or point me in the right direction that would be great.

Kind Regards,

Wayne.

More about : adsl ethernet question

November 22, 2006 3:18:27 PM

There's definitely an echo in here. :o 
Anonymous
November 30, 2012 11:36:09 AM

Draytek Vigor 2820, 2830 and several others Draytek models offer an ADSL connection and an Ethernet connection, to be used as your WAN.

We have an EFM (Ethernet) and a basic ADSL connection. Both setup and working with the same router
!