Disk Cleanup Problem

I have a problem with my disk cleanup and hope someone here might be
able to shed some light on it.
When I open it I get the normal, regular popup asking me what drive I
would like to cleanup. C is chosen, (so far so good) then when OK is
clicked the disk cleanup utility box shows up fine, but in the white
area where your recycle bin, temporary internet files, etc. are listed
it is totally blank. It used to show a list of quite a few items there,
how much space each one occupied, and a checkbox so you could choose
which ones you wanted to clear.
I have tried doing it in Safe Mode, with no joy. I also tried doing a
System Restore, chkdsk, and sfc /scannow, with no joy there either.
I also ran AdAware, Spybot S & D, MSAS, Spysweeper, and Norton AV, and
nothing was found.
Any ideas?

martymkm@webtv.net wrote:
> I have a problem with my disk cleanup and hope someone here might be
> able to shed some light on it.
> When I open it I get the normal, regular popup asking me what drive I
> would like to cleanup. C is chosen, (so far so good) then when OK is
> clicked the disk cleanup utility box shows up fine, but in the white
> area where your recycle bin, temporary internet files, etc. are listed
> it is totally blank. It used to show a list of quite a few items
> there, how much space each one occupied, and a checkbox so you could
> choose which ones you wanted to clear.
> I have tried doing it in Safe Mode, with no joy. I also tried doing a
> System Restore, chkdsk, and sfc /scannow, with no joy there either.
> I also ran AdAware, Spybot S & D, MSAS, Spysweeper, and Norton AV, and
> nothing was found.
> Any ideas?

Are you logged in as Administrator?

Yes

[...]

Try typing in Start Run

regsvr32 dataclen

<martymkm@webtv.net> wrote in message news:10606-4235F62D-260@storefull-3118.bay.webtv.net...
>I have a problem with my disk cleanup and hope someone here might be
> able to shed some light on it.
> When I open it I get the normal, regular popup asking me what drive I
> would like to cleanup. C is chosen, (so far so good) then when OK is
> clicked the disk cleanup utility box shows up fine, but in the white
> area where your recycle bin, temporary internet files, etc. are listed
> it is totally blank. It used to show a list of quite a few items there,
> how much space each one occupied, and a checkbox so you could choose
> which ones you wanted to clear.
> I have tried doing it in Safe Mode, with no joy. I also tried doing a
> System Restore, chkdsk, and sfc /scannow, with no joy there either.
> I also ran AdAware, Spybot S & D, MSAS, Spysweeper, and Norton AV, and
> nothing was found.
> Any ideas?

David Candy wrote:
Try typing in Start Run