Which 2.1? Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 vs. Logitech Z-2300

vultureyo

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
Have been reading the boards all I can but finding mixed reviews on diff topics so... atm the klipsch look to be 50 more bucks but aside from that quality-wise what do you think. or do you know a better 2.1.

Thanks

astrallite

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005
I'd take the Promedia based solely on the fact that it has tweeters. And the iFi is a better 2.1 solution, but it costs nearly $200.

IMO is well worth the difference though, because satellite-subwoofer systems generally have holes in the frequency response where the satellite and subwoofer overlap in the 110-130hz range (also known as the satellite-sub midrange hole). Any satellite driver smaller than 3.5" will generally exhibit this hole. The iFi extends down to 113hz at -3db, so the crossover is pretty good. Not loudspeaker quality extension, but it's beyond the major PC setups usually exhibit (most of them have 3" midranges).

The satellites and the sub are also much better than your standard PC speaker fair.

brett_monkey

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2007
Klipsch!!!! You will not be sorry. I have those badboys with a Creative X-fi card. Oh my stinkin word do they sound amazing. And for 112 bucks you cannot go wrong. The clarity is absolutely stunning. One mans opinion.

mcain591

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
The Klipsch really are amazing. Truly amazing. The sound quality is superb, and the bass is CRAZY.
Btw, it would help if you had a Creative X-fi card, as when you get to this quality of speakers, the source begins to matter.

Trust my, buy them. You will not be sorry.

I'm just lucky that I got them on sale at a Best Buy ($160 normal, $90 on sale :p 8O )

ausch30

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
I have had the Klipsch 2.1 and currently have the Klipsch 5.1 obviously the 5.1's are better but I loved the 2.1's when I had them.

The highs and lows are outstanding but as another poster stated they are a little soft in the midrange but I'm sure the Logitech's are as well. The Klipsch's have two way satellite's 3" woofer + .75" tweeter which compared to Logitech's single speaker setup 2.5" produces a fuller sound and better overall sound at higher volumes.

Klipsch does factory refurbishing and you can pick up a used set for very little $ but again make sure you have a quality sound card.

Logitech

Klipsch

babybudha

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2006
I worked at Best Buy for 3 years and have messed around with alot of speakers. The Klipsh 2.1 have been around for a long time, but they sound great! Deep and crisp sound. I've never try the Logitech 2300, but I believe I know you will be happy with the Klipsh.

PS. I hate Best Buy!

vultureyo

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
cool thanks all I'll def. go with the klipsch then.

I dont have xfi though but do have razer ac1 so hopefully should be good.

vultureyo

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
thanks alot everyone they're sweet speakers... newegg was out of them atm... so checked a local best buy and found last one in stock! 8) soooo much better than my old speakers hehe. thanks