F1 to start up

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
August 6, 2004 8:40:30 PM

Windows2000
When I turn the computer on a checksum error 101 comes up
asking me to press F1 to continue.
Pressing F1 allows normal start up.
It didnt use to come up with the error message.
How do I correct it?

More about : start

Anonymous
August 7, 2004 12:47:43 AM

Is this comming from the Windows boot-up or the bios (when you first
turn on, before Windows starts to boot)?

It sounds like a bios warning, in which case it would seem to be
either the memory is suspect or you have the bios setup wrong (testing
for a checksum on non-checksum memory).

Barry wrote:

> Windows2000
> When I turn the computer on a checksum error 101 comes up
> asking me to press F1 to continue.
> Pressing F1 allows normal start up.
> It didnt use to come up with the error message.
> How do I correct it?
August 7, 2004 8:26:19 PM

WoofWoof wrote:
> Is this comming from the Windows boot-up or the bios (when you first
> turn on, before Windows starts to boot)?
>
> It sounds like a bios warning, in which case it would seem to be
> either the memory is suspect or you have the bios setup wrong (testing
> for a checksum on non-checksum memory).

or possibly just a dead cmos battery
!