Scan disk won`t scan win 2000pro

Hi I had formatted and reinstalled win 2000pro spk2, but
when i tried to scan disk /fix, it went past sced and said
(basic:)could not connect to volume ????? Please advise b4
i pull the rest of my hair out Thank you Oh and prog`s
like zone alarm don`t stray told what to do???
2 answers Last reply
More about scan disk scan 2000pro

    There is no scandisk in W2k. It has been superseded by the
    much more powerful chkdsk.

    For chkdsk syntax, go to a command prompt and type chkdsk /?

    You will also find Start|Help very useful.

    Andy wrote:
    > Hi I had formatted and reinstalled win 2000pro spk2, but
    > when i tried to scan disk /fix, it went past sced and said
    > (basic:)could not connect to volume ????? Please advise b4
    > i pull the rest of my hair out Thank you Oh and prog`s
    > like zone alarm don`t stray told what to do???

    There's no scandisk in W2k (that's a 9x thing). What about going to a
    command prompt and typing:

    chkdsk /f <enter>

    Not sure what ZA problems you're having....

    Andy wrote:
    > Hi I had formatted and reinstalled win 2000pro spk2, but
    > when i tried to scan disk /fix, it went past sced and said
    > (basic:)could not connect to volume ????? Please advise b4
    > i pull the rest of my hair out Thank you Oh and prog`s
    > like zone alarm don`t stray told what to do???

Connection Microsoft Windows