Scan disk won`t scan win 2000pro

Andy

Hi I had formatted and reinstalled win 2000pro spk2, but
when i tried to scan disk /fix, it went past sced and said
(basic:)could not connect to volume ????? Please advise b4
i pull the rest of my hair out Thank you Oh and prog`s
like zone alarm don`t stray told what to do???

There is no scandisk in W2k. It has been superseded by the
much more powerful chkdsk.

For chkdsk syntax, go to a command prompt and type chkdsk /?

You will also find Start|Help very useful.

Andy wrote:
> Hi I had formatted and reinstalled win 2000pro spk2, but
> when i tried to scan disk /fix, it went past sced and said
> (basic:)could not connect to volume ????? Please advise b4
> i pull the rest of my hair out Thank you Oh and prog`s
> like zone alarm don`t stray told what to do???

There's no scandisk in W2k (that's a 9x thing). What about going to a
command prompt and typing:

chkdsk /f <enter>

Not sure what ZA problems you're having....

Andy wrote:
> Hi I had formatted and reinstalled win 2000pro spk2, but
> when i tried to scan disk /fix, it went past sced and said
> (basic:)could not connect to volume ????? Please advise b4
> i pull the rest of my hair out Thank you Oh and prog`s
> like zone alarm don`t stray told what to do???

TRENDING THREADS