Where to install screensavers and themes in WindowsXP? no ..

wanda

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

I cannot find anywhere how to install a new screensaver or theme.
I have no Plus folder anymore. This is a new Dell computer, can anyone tell
me where to install these ?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:D75AA7CF-5DF6-4324-8532-EF0DBABB7ECD@microsoft.com,
Wanda <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I cannot find anywhere how to install a new screensaver or theme.
> I have no Plus folder anymore. This is a new Dell computer, can
> anyone tell me where to install these ?

Themes go in here:

C:\Windows\Resources\Themes

Screen Savers go in here:

C:\WINDOWS\system32

In all cases you should make sure your screen savers and themes are
compatable with XP. I think you have more leeway with the screen savers than
you do with the themes as the themes for XP are quite a bit different then
those for the 9x systems while the screen savers are probably much the same
in many ways.

Galen

TRENDING THREADS