How can I recover the product key

I have a windows2000 server with 10 user licnese. I need
to reload the server. But, the office has lost the
product key. Is there a way to look it up on my current
server?

Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about recover product

    Sorry, I found a utility on the net already. Thanks
    Anyways.

    Philip

    Greetings --

    The Windows 25-character Product Key (required to perform the
    installation) is stored on the CD packaging on a bright orange sticker
    that says "Do not lose this number." If it was an OEM (factory
    installed) license, it's stored on a label that the PC manufacturer
    affixed to the exterior of the PC case, or on the bottom of a laptop.

    To recover a lost Product Key:

    If your system still runs, you should be able to use Belarc
    Advisor from http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html to find the
    Product Key. (If you have a factory-installed OEM license, and
    haven't since reinstalled the OS, the revealed Product Key is probably
    of the drive image used at the factory and not _your_ specific Product
    Key; therefore, it probably cannot be -- and definitely should not
    be -- used for a re-installation.)

    If it was a retail license and you have proof of purchase:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246

    If it was an OEM license, you should contact whomever sold you the
    OS; although very few manufacturers/vendors keep records of the
    Product Keys they've sold, it's worth a try before you have to buy a
    new license.

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    "Philip" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a windows2000 server with 10 user licnese. I need
    > to reload the server. But, the office has lost the
    > product key. Is there a way to look it up on my current
    > server?
    >
    > Thanks!

Windows 2000 Microsoft Servers Windows