Sign in with
Your question

Newegg Fast To Rma But quick to blame?

Tags:
Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
June 11, 2011 2:10:11 AM

My apologies if im a bit perturbed throughout my post,but i am so upset.

Ordered a new build from newegg,totalling in the thousands $$$$$
I have a preffered customer account and have been loyal to them for years..
Keeping in mind i have never RMA'd anything whatsoever.

Anyways i go ahead and build my barebones kit with an i7-950 and my msi x58m mobo.

The thing wont boot.They were quick to issue an rma for me which i expected because i have heard they have the absolute HANDS DOWN best customer service literally in the world.

Well,i was very surprised tonight when i called to check on my rma,for the first time i got a customer service person that was completely snive,somewhat rude and very accusatory in his tone..

He went on to explain that basically because the cpu has a bent pin,that this was caused by me? (if i understood him correctly) He also explained that i falied to return the manual,the cd and 1 sata cable for the mobo,which i admit,i JUST found them,and yes that was my fault,i promised to ship them asap!He said the rma is still waiting in processing,but from his rude tone,who knows what will happen...

But the bent pin on the cpu? NOT TRUE,i babied it COMPLETELY,i even went and bought GLOVES to wear JUST for installing it (my brothers suggestion)..... The cpu set in like clockwork,and when i pulled it out,it was mint as well.I am completely anal when doing these things. Anyways,if they decide not to approve my cpu rma,i am paying off my 4k preffered account ,closing it, and will make it my business to share this experience with as many that will listen.

I've never returned anything to Newegg, saved my rma's for when i really needed them (now),always trusted (from what ive heard) neweggs promise to be there for me,and what do i get?

This will be a LONG weekend for me folks,as im sure, since theyre closed on weekends,i wont get an answer.Which kindof stinks btw..

All i have to say is,if they dont approve the ONE RMA I REALLY NEED,the only REAL rma ive sent,that i truly need,they are nothing of what all these people speak of... The proof truly is in the pudding.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ive done some reading lately,is there any truth to the fact that neweggs great customer service is a thing of the past?Like what happened when they mailed out all those fake intel processors last year?
June 11, 2011 3:04:21 AM

I can't say I haven't had any issues with Newegg customer support. I can say, however, that it was just the one time and it did (finally) get resolved to my satisfaction. It's unfortunate that in your case it is a key component and there are some discrepancies in the two accounts of the CPU.

My only suggestion is that you remain calm and professional. Customer support personnel are paid to be professional and courteous, but if you've ever worked in a customer support office, you know that just isn't possible 100% of the time. Everyone has a bad day sometime.

Newegg customer support should have given you a time frame as to when to expect resolution to your RMA request. If you have not heard back from them within that time frame, call them back with as much information as you can provide (order#, tracking#, customer account#, the name of the customer support representative you spoke to previously, etc...). Remain professional (even if the customer support representative you're talking to does not).

-Wolf sends
m
l
June 11, 2011 3:12:07 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Systems to section Opinions and Experiences by Buwish
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 11, 2011 12:50:46 PM

Thanks wolfshadow,yeah i agree,be as nice and calm as you can to the customer service guys is the best you can do.... Its like they could make or brake your rma.Usually if your super nice,you can get what you want most of the time...But this time,The guy was a di@#.. So i dunno
m
l
June 11, 2011 10:41:36 PM

Well, just as i was told by everyone,be calm and trust newegg.

Well i was contacted today,ON A SATURDAY,by newegg customer service (Lola), and they APPROVED MY RMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS NEWEGG!!!!!!

Man,i shouldve just had faith...

Thanks for your response wolfshaw. You were right...

After this experience,it NEWGG FOR LIFE!!!!!!!
m
l
June 14, 2011 9:25:15 PM

Stay away from Newegg if you value your money. They ripped me off for over $400 by sending me a defective TV and denying any responsibility on the RMA by blaming the shipping company. They are a CHEAP company that leaves the customer holding the bag for bad merchandise. They claim on their website 100% satisfaction which is a bunch of BS. They don't want to have anything to do with you after the sale and if there's a problem, you better be ready to accept eating the cost. They are one of the worst online vendors I've come across.
m
l
June 14, 2011 11:03:37 PM

Newegg must have loved dealing with a customer who thinks in terms like ripped me off, sending me a defective TV, denying any responsibility, CHEAP, Bunch of BS, eating the cost, etc. I wouldn't want you as a customer.
m
l
June 17, 2011 5:17:03 AM

badge said:
Newegg must have loved dealing with a customer who thinks in terms like ripped me off, sending me a defective TV, denying any responsibility, CHEAP, Bunch of BS, eating the cost, etc. I wouldn't want you as a customer.

+1 -- figure the worst thing you can do is lose it and start ranting to the CS agent when they control the outcome of the RMA - you'd be surprised how much better the outcome if you just stay calm and professional with them.
m
l
June 17, 2011 11:39:58 PM

dovedescent7 said:
My apologies if im a bit perturbed throughout my post,but i am so upset.

Ordered a new build from newegg,totalling in the thousands $$$$$
I have a preffered customer account and have been loyal to them for years..
Keeping in mind i have never RMA'd anything whatsoever.

Anyways i go ahead and build my barebones kit with an i7-950 and my msi x58m mobo.

The thing wont boot.They were quick to issue an rma for me which i expected because i have heard they have the absolute HANDS DOWN best customer service literally in the world.

Well,i was very surprised tonight when i called to check on my rma,for the first time i got a customer service person that was completely snive,somewhat rude and very accusatory in his tone..

He went on to explain that basically because the cpu has a bent pin,that this was caused by me? (if i understood him correctly) He also explained that i falied to return the manual,the cd and 1 sata cable for the mobo,which i admit,i JUST found them,and yes that was my fault,i promised to ship them asap!He said the rma is still waiting in processing,but from his rude tone,who knows what will happen...

But the bent pin on the cpu? NOT TRUE,i babied it COMPLETELY,i even went and bought GLOVES to wear JUST for installing it (my brothers suggestion)..... The cpu set in like clockwork,and when i pulled it out,it was mint as well.I am completely anal when doing these things. Anyways,if they decide not to approve my cpu rma,i am paying off my 4k preffered account ,closing it, and will make it my business to share this experience with as many that will listen.

I've never returned anything to Newegg, saved my rma's for when i really needed them (now),always trusted (from what ive heard) neweggs promise to be there for me,and what do i get?

This will be a LONG weekend for me folks,as im sure, since theyre closed on weekends,i wont get an answer.Which kindof stinks btw..

All i have to say is,if they dont approve the ONE RMA I REALLY NEED,the only REAL rma ive sent,that i truly need,they are nothing of what all these people speak of... The proof truly is in the pudding.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ive done some reading lately,is there any truth to the fact that neweggs great customer service is a thing of the past?Like what happened when they mailed out all those fake intel processors last year?

I'm glad it worked out for you but I am sure you bent the pin. Next time ignore your brother and don't wear boxing gloves. And hold the board up so you can see underneath the cpu to see if it is installed correctly. If you had done that you would have seen the bent pin right away. And don't dump on newegg. Tiger direct is way worse. I ordered a laptop from them and a printer. I get an email saying my order had shipped. But it was only the printer. I wait a few more days and get an email saying I didn't agree to their nonstop spam offer, I still didn't agree to them spamming my inbox. Then no laptop. I go their site and check my account. It's on back order and that is after I called to see if it was in stock and told it was. No notice of back order and not in stock when told it was. I will always buy from new egg now.
m
l
August 28, 2012 9:17:57 PM

I just had the exact same thing happen to me. My RMA for a DOA motherboard is under review because apparently I bent a pin, this being the 5th computer i have personally built I know that pins tend to get a little bent with installation, which is completely normal, and usually doesn't effect the computer, unless they are greatly bent, or broken. However it is not New egg customer service, that is to blame, but the Loop Hole protections scheme in place to make sure that if the tiniest detail is out of place, they lose all liability, personally I love New egg customer service, they are great always. But they need to change that policy, because know I am out 240, for something I swear on my grandmother's grave WAS NOT MY FAULT.
m
l
!