txtsetup.sif error

I'm installing windows 2000 Prof. on a Toshiba Tecra S1.

I start up with a boot disk from usb floppy device but after few
operation appears a message : file TXTSETUP.SIF missing or corrupt...

( of course there is the file in the disk )

What can i do ???

Thank You

Luca

Try recreating the setup disks. To do a clean install, either boot the
Windows 2000 install CD-Rom or setup disks. The set of four install disks
can be created from your Windows 2000 CD-Rom; change to the \bootdisk
directory on the CD-Rom and execute makeboot.exe (from dos) or makebt32.exe
(from 32 bit) and follow the prompts.

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Luka" wrote:
| I'm installing windows 2000 Prof. on a Toshiba Tecra S1.
|
| I start up with a boot disk from usb floppy device but after few
| operation appears a message : file TXTSETUP.SIF missing or corrupt...
|
| ( of course there is the file in the disk )
|
| What can i do ???
|
| Thank You
|
| Luca

I created 4 cd ( 1 for every floppy ).
Now is better; i start up with the first cd and i change everytime the
computer ask me.
After the 4th ( the last one ) the computer should be start the
installation but i have a new message : inaccessible boot driver error
0x7b.

and now ????

I don't understand.

Thank you

Luca

You didn't mention the drive controller (possibly SCSI, or ultra DMA, or
ATA100, or raid, or serial ATA), but you may need to boot the Windows 2000
setup disks or CD-Rom and *F6* very early and very important (at setup is
inspecting your system) in the setup to prevent drive controller detection,
and select S to specify additional drivers. Then later you'll be prompted to
insert the manufacturer supplied Windows 2000 driver for your drive's
controller in drive "A"

If you wait and then S to specify additional drivers, then it may be too
late as Windows 2000 Setup at this point may have already assigned the
resources your drive's controller is wanting to use.