[R/S] Battle Tower Team

I know this is probably a somewhat old topic as everyone's moved on to FR/LG
now, but in the R/S Battle Tower I made it to 55 trainers beat in the Level
100 room on my first try but lost to the 7th trainer that would have made it
56 and gotten me some kind of ribbon according to the desk lady. :P Anyway,
here's the team I used for this:

Magneton
@ Magnet

Screech
Thunderbolt
Return
Thunderwave

I lost Metal Sound a while back which was probably bad, so I'm not really
sure what other two moves to use besides Thunderbolt/Thunderwave
(Screech/Return is a weak attempt to fight back against Pokes which may not
take as much damage from Thunderbolt).

Swampert
@ Mystic Water

Ice Beam
Earthquake
Surf
Rain Dance

Swampert was pretty much a powerhouse although I'm wondering if Rest might
be better than Rain Dance since it doesn't have any HP-recovery moves.

Torkoal
@ Leftovers

Flamethrower
Body Slam
Iron Defense
Amnesia

Tank-ness. :)

Comments are welcome, there were a few close calls and I started getting
into slightly tougher battles with Latios/Latias trainers and some of the
Regis later on, although Swampert easily handled most of the Regis. I can't
remember if there was anything else I was going to say right now since I
started making this post last night and had to save it in Drafts. ;)

--
-- Pokemon Trainer Mike in shortened form.

Member of the BBB Junior Strike Force
Defending the world from the evils of Voltorb and Electrode.
Full BBB Member Application forever lost in AGNP's space-time continuum

Neopet Owner (To sign up for Neopets, go to
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=michaelruss)
Vice President in the Pokimon Temple Guild
(http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?oid=mantine)

I have:

1 I Love Mango's Point
5 AGNP (Andy Gives Nice Points) Points
5 Binary Poster Points
10 Jax Points
15 Y2Tech Points
20 Points Just For The Sake Of Having Points Points.
25 WAM Points
85 BBB Points
10000 Pikachuumon Points

150 Pokemon in my Blue version...
150 Pokemon in my Yellow version...
249 Pokemon in my Silver version...
249 Pokemon in my Gold version...
249 Pokemon in my Crystal version...
90 Pokemon in my Ruby version...
1 answer Last reply
More about battle tower team

    "Pokemon Trainer Mike" <nogood@bogus.com> wrote in message
    > I know this is probably a somewhat old topic as everyone's moved on to
    FR/LG
    > now, but in the R/S Battle Tower I made it to 55 trainers beat in the
    Level
    > 100 room on my first try but lost to the 7th trainer that would have made
    it
    > 56 and gotten me some kind of ribbon according to the desk lady. :P
    Anyway,
    > here's the team I used for this:
    >

    > Magneton
    > @ Magnet
    >
    > Screech
    > Thunderbolt
    > Return
    > Thunderwave
    >
    > I lost Metal Sound a while back which was probably bad, so I'm not really
    > sure what other two moves to use besides Thunderbolt/Thunderwave
    > (Screech/Return is a weak attempt to fight back against Pokes which may
    not
    > take as much damage from Thunderbolt).
    >

    > Swampert
    > @ Mystic Water
    >
    > Ice Beam
    > Earthquake
    > Surf
    > Rain Dance
    >
    > Swampert was pretty much a powerhouse although I'm wondering if Rest might
    > be better than Rain Dance since it doesn't have any HP-recovery moves.
    >

    > Torkoal
    > @ Leftovers
    >
    > Flamethrower
    > Body Slam
    > Iron Defense
    > Amnesia
    >
    > Tank-ness. :)
    >

    > Comments are welcome, there were a few close calls and I started getting
    > into slightly tougher battles with Latios/Latias trainers and some of the
    > Regis later on, although Swampert easily handled most of the Regis. I
    can't
    > remember if there was anything else I was going to say right now since I
    > started making this post last night and had to save it in Drafts. ;)

    Uhm, congrats! I haven't even tried the battetower, so no help there. I
    just wanted you to notice that the memory is the second thing to go. I
    can't remember the first, though.

    I know it's older than the hills, but I really couldn't resist. LOL

    daramark

Video Games