Control Panel - Display settings

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
August 10, 2004 9:50:14 PM

I hope I'm in the right place and someone can help me.

I recently had a new computer built. The guy who built it
could not get the display settings adjusted properly.
When I go to the internet, only 3/4 of the page is
displayed. My old computer used to display the entire
page, which is what I want!!

Currently, the settings are as follows: Colors - True
Color (32 bit); Screen Area - 1024 by 768 pixels; and if
you click the Advanced button the Font size - Other and
underneath it says 145% normal size (139 dpi).

He tried, and I've tried, every configuration possible.
The print either becomes much too small or too big. I
feel sure there is a way to reset it to be like it was on
my old computer. I just don't know how!

Can someone help me? I'd really appreciate it.
Anonymous
August 11, 2004 1:55:36 PM

You could reset the fonts to normal size. This will reduce the size of
your desktop and window fonts, which you may or may not like ... but
before that, in Internet Explorer (I assume you're using that for the
Internet) go to the top menu bar and select <View> then <Text Size>
and select a smaller (perhaps the smallest) text size and see if that
helps.