Windows Internet Name Service (WINS)

Stream

See if this MS Knowledge Base article can help you:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=307314

Best regards

Bjorn
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)

"Stream" <safiee@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Anyone can help me on how to setup WINS ?

stream

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2004

Thanks for the reply... My scenario is like this, I have 2 different subnet
in my LAN and the users need to browse each users regardless of their IP
(VLANs). So what's the best solution for it...

"Bjorn Landemoo" <mvp2.REMOVE@landemoo.com> wrote in message
> Stream
>
> See if this MS Knowledge Base article can help you:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=307314
>
> Best regards
>
> Bjorn
> --
> Bjorn Landemoo - mvp2@landemoo.com - http://landemoo.com/
> Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)
>
> "Stream" <safiee@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Anyone can help me on how to setup WINS ?

Stream

Umm, that is not - at least for me - an easy question to answer. I would
like to direct you to this web site:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/deploymentscenarios/scenarios/wins_usingwinsinenterprisenetwork.asp