Missing Files during Install

I am trying to do a clean install on a machine that
recently died. (Would not get past login: Would auto
reboot) I removed all partitions, formated the hard
drive, FDisk /mbr to clear the mbr and started over. I
have been trying to load win2000 pro and get most of the
way through. I then get files that are missing from the
CD Rom. this disk was just used to load on another
computer, so I know that the disk is fine (multiple
licenses) Any ideas as to why this is happening?
(Hardware issues, Conflicts) has anyone seen and gotten
past this?

Thanks
Sean
2 answers Last reply
More about missing files install

    Greetings --

    Problems copying files or corrupted files during installation are
    most often caused by defective or sub-standard hardware; in order of
    likelihood, either RAM, the hard drive, or the motherboard. On much
    less frequent occasions, a bad CD or defective CD drive can also cause
    this.

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    <SeanMReid@msn.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to do a clean install on a machine that
    > recently died. (Would not get past login: Would auto
    > reboot) I removed all partitions, formated the hard
    > drive, FDisk /mbr to clear the mbr and started over. I
    > have been trying to load win2000 pro and get most of the
    > way through. I then get files that are missing from the
    > CD Rom. this disk was just used to load on another
    > computer, so I know that the disk is fine (multiple
    > licenses) Any ideas as to why this is happening?
    > (Hardware issues, Conflicts) has anyone seen and gotten
    > past this?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Sean

    Sean

    I would suspect a hardware problem, with your CD drive, the controller or
    the cable connecting them, or - possibly - a memory problem.

    You cannot be sure that the CD itself isn't defective. Setup might need to
    read other files from it when you install on another computer, as, among
    other things, drivers probably differs.

    Best regards

    Bjorn
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)

    <SeanMReid@msn.com> wrote:

    >I am trying to do a clean install on a machine that
    >recently died. (Would not get past login: Would auto
    >reboot) I removed all partitions, formated the hard
    >drive, FDisk /mbr to clear the mbr and started over. I
    >have been trying to load win2000 pro and get most of the
    >way through. I then get files that are missing from the
    >CD Rom. this disk was just used to load on another
    >computer, so I know that the disk is fine (multiple
    >licenses) Any ideas as to why this is happening?
    >(Hardware issues, Conflicts) has anyone seen and gotten
    >past this?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Sean

Clean Install Windows