Cannot re-install W2K - Sony Vaio Notebook

happycomputer

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2004

Needed to wipe out a Sony Vaio model PCG-c1VN laptop -
repartitioned and reformatted with W98 boot disk then
attempted to boot into and install w2k with w2k boot
disks.
The floppy drive works fine nad loads the 4 w2k boot
disks - howver at the very end it say it cannot complete
because it cannot find the CD-ROM. The CD-ROM is a
attached with a pcmcia card. any help wiould be greatly
appreciated. SONY is offerring no help,

dl

Sony Support - nothing changes
Did the Vaio not have a hidden restore partition?
I assume the boot disks do not install drivers for pcmcia card.
If you can get these drivers on floppy, there is the F6 option, during the
initial install of win2k, to allow you to install 3rd party drivers.

"HappyComputer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Needed to wipe out a Sony Vaio model PCG-c1VN laptop -
> repartitioned and reformatted with W98 boot disk then
> attempted to boot into and install w2k with w2k boot
> disks.
> The floppy drive works fine nad loads the 4 w2k boot
> disks - howver at the very end it say it cannot complete
> because it cannot find the CD-ROM. The CD-ROM is a
> attached with a pcmcia card. any help wiould be greatly
> appreciated. SONY is offerring no help,

Any idea where I can get those drivers???Sony's web site
not as user friendly as Dell's.

wrote in message
>> Needed to wipe out a Sony Vaio model PCG-c1VN laptop -
>> repartitioned and reformatted with W98 boot disk then
>> attempted to boot into and install w2k with w2k boot
>> disks.
>> The floppy drive works fine nad loads the 4 w2k boot
>> disks - howver at the very end it say it cannot complete
>> because it cannot find the CD-ROM. The CD-ROM is a
>> attached with a pcmcia card. any help wiould be greatly
>> appreciated. SONY is offerring no help,
>

>.

dl

The drivers should be obtainable from yr pcmcia card manu.site or on disk
that came with the card