  • CD-Rom
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 12, 2004 11:35:16 PM

If I use the Windows 2000 CD to do a Repair, will I have to re-apply
all the service packs? My Windows 2000 workstation boots, but I get
an error when I try to install a certain application, with a Windows
system dll (or something) saying it can't run 16-bit, but that app
installed just fine on all my other Windows 2000 workstations.

My basic question is will I have to do service packs again if I do the
Repair option? Also, would this work-around work: what if I take a
working file off another PC and put it in the system directory? I
could do something like take the hard drive off my PC that has the
problem and put it in as a slave in a PC that runs my app, and place
the file that works into the system directory of the hard drive that
was in the computer that barfed an error code when I tried to install
the app. Of course those PCs would have the same amount of service
packs installed.

Thanks in advance, please help because this is very important.

More about : windows 2000 repair question

Anonymous
August 13, 2004 1:34:38 AM

These may help.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows 2000

What an In-Place Windows 2000 Upgrade Changes and What It Does Not Change

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect