Windows 2000 CD Repair Question.

If I use the Windows 2000 CD to do a Repair, will I have to re-apply
all the service packs? My Windows 2000 workstation boots, but I get
an error when I try to install a certain application, with a Windows
system dll (or something) saying it can't run 16-bit, but that app
installed just fine on all my other Windows 2000 workstations.

My basic question is will I have to do service packs again if I do the
Repair option? Also, would this work-around work: what if I take a
working file off another PC and put it in the system directory? I
could do something like take the hard drive off my PC that has the
problem and put it in as a slave in a PC that runs my app, and place
the file that works into the system directory of the hard drive that
was in the computer that barfed an error code when I tried to install
the app. Of course those PCs would have the same amount of service
packs installed.

Thanks in advance, please help because this is very important.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows 2000 repair question

    These may help.

    How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows 2000

    What an In-Place Windows 2000 Upgrade Changes and What It Does Not Change

    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Mike Cox" wrote:
    | If I use the Windows 2000 CD to do a Repair, will I have to re-apply
    | all the service packs? My Windows 2000 workstation boots, but I get
    | an error when I try to install a certain application, with a Windows
    | system dll (or something) saying it can't run 16-bit, but that app
    | installed just fine on all my other Windows 2000 workstations.
    |
    | My basic question is will I have to do service packs again if I do the
    | Repair option? Also, would this work-around work: what if I take a
    | working file off another PC and put it in the system directory? I
    | could do something like take the hard drive off my PC that has the
    | problem and put it in as a slave in a PC that runs my app, and place
    | the file that works into the system directory of the hard drive that
    | was in the computer that barfed an error code when I tried to install
    | the app. Of course those PCs would have the same amount of service
    | packs installed.
    |

    | Thanks in advance, please help because this is very important.

Windows 2000 Workstations CD-Rom Windows