Can I reinstall W2K Pro using floppys my CD Rom key is inv..

If anyone can help me with this:

I just purchased a larger HD (Western Digital-80 GB's)
upgrading my Compaq Deskpro EN 733 Mhz P III. I'm stuck
when re-loading the Windows 2000 Pro CD (I lost the
original but had made a bootable copy for myself in case
of scratches on the original) but that one won't accept
the Pdt key code. I contacted Microsoft and they gave me
some new key numbers, but they don't work either. I get
an "CD key code invalid" error msg. Can I somehow install
it using only the 4 set up disks on floppy disks? -OR-
Is there a way to copy the program from the original HDD
(I have the pdt code for that one to, but since it came
pre-installed I do not have the CD Rom for that one
either? Please email me at clcapote@aol.com if you can
help me or direct me to an article that will I would be
very grateful!

clcapote@aol.com
2 answers Last reply
More about reinstall floppys

    You should be able to use the 4 disk's. W2k will install
    using just those 4 disk's.

    good luck.

    "Cindy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > If anyone can help me with this:
    >
    > I just purchased a larger HD (Western Digital-80 GB's)
    > upgrading my Compaq Deskpro EN 733 Mhz P III. I'm stuck
    > when re-loading the Windows 2000 Pro CD (I lost the
    > original but had made a bootable copy for myself in case
    > of scratches on the original) but that one won't accept
    > the Pdt key code. I contacted Microsoft and they gave me
    > some new key numbers, but they don't work either. I get
    > an "CD key code invalid" error msg. Can I somehow install
    > it using only the 4 set up disks on floppy disks? -OR-
    > Is there a way to copy the program from the original HDD
    > (I have the pdt code for that one to, but since it came
    > pre-installed I do not have the CD Rom for that one
    > either? Please email me at clcapote@aol.com if you can
    > help me or direct me to an article that will I would be
    > very grateful!
    >
    > clcapote@aol.com

    You have several options:
    - Clone the original hard disk to the new disk with a cloning
    program that many disk manufacturers make available on their
    home site.
    - Do the same thing with PQMagic, Drive Image, Ghost or TrueImage.
    - Extract the Win2000 code from your current installation with a
    tool from here: http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml,
    then re-install Win2000.

    By the way: Your product code is NOT stored on your installation
    CD. It is not stored on the boot floppy either. Check the package
    you received when you bought Windows 2000. The key is usually
    stuck to the back, with the words "Do not lose this key" printed
    in large letters underneath . . .

CD-Rom Microsoft Windows