x-fi xtreme Gamer vs x-fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty

ch1ckench0wme1n

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
Its not my fault that best buy's webpage doesn't show the "important" specs. I would assume bb could at least do that right but i guess not.

O well, 64mb xram it is.

TedMC

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
I bought an ExtremeGamer Fatal1ty on the scant information I could find out about the card.
My conclusion was that it was the "Regular" fatality card without including the drive bay panel. After buying it I discovered that the Dollby/THX functions are eliminated with this card. However the card does seem to have the all important hardware chip on the board. So for gaming you maybe get the "hardware decode" of EAX for the all important fps. Plus the xram that my game doesnt use. But the thing LOOKS just like the $185 fps version
The Extremgamer fatality is model 70sb046A and regular fatality is 70sb0466

The regular extreme gamer is going to be based on a cheaper version of the x-fi 70SB073A looks just like the 69 dollar creative models.
Its a half height card
I went to look in creative's knowledge base and they claim that both these cards run EAX in hardware....

brokenshoelaces

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2007

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
As far as I know the FPS edition comes with that front panel which I dont think gamers or home users use, but it looks lnice in the case :D

Also comes with x-ram which will "some day" become an standard.