ODBC

My Windows 2000 ODBC drivers are all missing. I don't
know when they went away, but I have no User or System DSN
profiles, and all the ODBC drivers (MS Access, etc..) that
normally come with Windows are all gone! Does anyone know
what might have happened, and more importantly, how to get
them all back?

You can go to http://www.microsoft.com/data/ ; download, and install the
version of MDAC that you require.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Mary Smith" wrote:
| My Windows 2000 ODBC drivers are all missing. I don't
| know when they went away, but I have no User or System DSN
| profiles, and all the ODBC drivers (MS Access, etc..) that
| normally come with Windows are all gone! Does anyone know
| what might have happened, and more importantly, how to get
| them all back?

Patrick,

That did the trick to get the majority of ODBC drivers
back! HOWEVER... the one I'm really looking for, the
Merant drivers for Progress database, didn't come in with
the MDAC 2.8 download. Are these standard (the Merant
ones)?

- TTT

newsgroup.
>Microsoft Certified Professional
>Microsoft MVP [Windows]
>http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
>"Mary Smith" wrote:
>| My Windows 2000 ODBC drivers are all missing. I don't
>| know when they went away, but I have no User or System
DSN
>| profiles, and all the ODBC drivers (MS Access, etc..)
that
>| normally come with Windows are all gone! Does anyone
know
>| what might have happened, and more importantly, how to
get
>| them all back?
>

>.

Dave,

Thank you! It worked, but I'm interested now in the
Merant drivers that I seem to have on all PC's in the
office. Are they standard? Where can I get them? I've
tried DataDirect, but their downloads are 15-day trials
only.

Thanks again!!

- TTT

newsgroup.
>Microsoft Certified Professional
>Microsoft MVP [Windows]
>http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
>"Mary Smith" wrote:
>| My Windows 2000 ODBC drivers are all missing. I don't
>| know when they went away, but I have no User or System
DSN
>| profiles, and all the ODBC drivers (MS Access, etc..)
that
>| normally come with Windows are all gone! Does anyone
know
>| what might have happened, and more importantly, how to
get
>| them all back?
>

>.

If it's a proprietary database you'll probably have to download their
drivers.