Renaming an user startup profile

My user profile got corrupted. The OS rename the user directory and gave me
a new login profile. I try to change the name of the new profile back to the
original one. But the renaming process did not work !!

How do I rename my user profile on Win 2000 ??

Thx,

King
1 answer Last reply
More about renaming user startup profile

    If the profile is corrupt, you can rename the profile(while logged on as
    local admin), then when the user logs on again a new profile will be created
    from the image in \default user. You can then copy over the items you need
    from the renamed profile. Copy the folder contents not the folders
    themselves. When your sure you have all you need, you can delete the renamed
    profile(s). Use the import function of your e-mail software.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "KING COFFEE" wrote:
    | My user profile got corrupted. The OS rename the user directory and gave
    me
    | a new login profile. I try to change the name of the new profile back to
    the
    | original one. But the renaming process did not work !!
    |
    | How do I rename my user profile on Win 2000 ??
    |
    | Thx,
    |
    | King

Microsoft Windows