  • Microsoft
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 15, 2004 2:37:13 AM

My user profile got corrupted. The OS rename the user directory and gave me
a new login profile. I try to change the name of the new profile back to the
original one. But the renaming process did not work !!

How do I rename my user profile on Win 2000 ??

Thx,

King

More about : renaming user startup profile

Anonymous
August 15, 2004 2:37:14 AM

If the profile is corrupt, you can rename the profile(while logged on as
local admin), then when the user logs on again a new profile will be created
from the image in \default user. You can then copy over the items you need
from the renamed profile. Copy the folder contents not the folders
themselves. When your sure you have all you need, you can delete the renamed
profile(s). Use the import function of your e-mail software.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]