evolution stones

Are the stones sold in Celadon's Dept. Store limited, or can you keep buying
them forever?

--
John Salerno
13 answers Last reply

    "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Are the stones sold in Celadon's Dept. Store limited, or can you keep
    > buying them forever?

    You can keep buying them forever.

    I understand why you're asking, though - it's weird to struggle without
    something for so long and suddenly get it back. I'm still finding it
    difficult to accept that Ditto's back.

    --
    Steffan

    Steffan Alun wrote:
    > "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Are the stones sold in Celadon's Dept. Store limited, or can you keep
    >> buying them forever?
    >
    > You can keep buying them forever.
    >
    > I understand why you're asking, though - it's weird to struggle
    > without something for so long and suddenly get it back. I'm still
    > finding it difficult to accept that Ditto's back.

    Yeah, I was afraid maybe you can only buy them once and then Nintendo will
    go, "Ok, but that's all you get!" :)

    I know the Moon and Sun stones are still limited. I have two or three Moon
    Stones, and one Sun Stone. Not sure if there are more.

    John Salerno wrote:

    > Steffan Alun wrote:
    > > "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> Are the stones sold in Celadon's Dept. Store limited, or can you keep
    > >> buying them forever?
    > >
    > > You can keep buying them forever.
    > >
    > > I understand why you're asking, though - it's weird to struggle
    > > without something for so long and suddenly get it back. I'm still
    > > finding it difficult to accept that Ditto's back.
    >
    > Yeah, I was afraid maybe you can only buy them once and then Nintendo will
    > go, "Ok, but that's all you get!" :)
    >
    > I know the Moon and Sun stones are still limited. I have two or three Moon
    > Stones, and one Sun Stone. Not sure if there are more.

    Start mugging Clefairies in Mt. Moon with Theif and Covet. Occasionally, they
    carry moon stones

    Disruptor wrote:
    > John Salerno wrote:
    >
    >> Steffan Alun wrote:
    >>> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> You can keep buying them forever.
    >>>
    >>> I understand why you're asking, though - it's weird to struggle
    >>> without something for so long and suddenly get it back. I'm still
    >>> finding it difficult to accept that Ditto's back.
    >>
    >> Yeah, I was afraid maybe you can only buy them once and then
    >> Nintendo will go, "Ok, but that's all you get!" :)
    >>
    >> I know the Moon and Sun stones are still limited. I have two or
    >> three Moon Stones, and one Sun Stone. Not sure if there are more.
    >
    > Start mugging Clefairies in Mt. Moon with Theif and Covet.
    > Occasionally, they carry moon stones

    Oh good, so technically moon stones aren't limited either? How about sun
    stones?

    John Salerno wrote:

    > Disruptor wrote:
    > > John Salerno wrote:

    > >> Yeah, I was afraid maybe you can only buy them once and then
    > >> Nintendo will go, "Ok, but that's all you get!" :)
    > >>
    > >> I know the Moon and Sun stones are still limited. I have two or
    > >> three Moon Stones, and one Sun Stone. Not sure if there are more.
    > >
    > > Start mugging Clefairies in Mt. Moon with Theif and Covet.
    > > Occasionally, they carry moon stones
    >
    > Oh good, so technically moon stones aren't limited either? How about sun
    > stones?

    Well, I'm sorry. The only unlimited sun stones are in Ruby. The Solrocks.
    Use Theif and Covet on them.. Just like Lunatone sometimes carries moon
    stones.

    Disruptor wrote:
    > Well, I'm sorry.

    Why?

    John Salerno wrote:

    > Disruptor wrote:
    > > Well, I'm sorry.
    >
    > Why?

    Because I hate having limited amounts of useful stuff to play a game.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Disruptor" <mathews1@gt.net> wrote in message
    > Because I hate having limited amounts of useful stuff to play a game.

    Get a lot of the Sunstones from Ruby and when you can trade, equip every
    poke you trade with Sunstones.

    daramark
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "daramark" <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > "Disruptor" <mathews1@gt.net> wrote in message
    >> Because I hate having limited amounts of useful stuff to play a game.
    >

    > Get a lot of the Sunstones from Ruby and when you can trade, equip every
    > poke you trade with Sunstones.

    Speaking of sunstones, how many levels does a Poke need while
    holding a sunstone before it evolves into it's sunstone-irradiated
    form? I'm trying to make a Gloom evolve into a Bellossom and
    it's being rather stubborn after about 10 levels. Can anyone help?

    TME
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    The Magic Engineer wrote:
    > Speaking of sunstones, how many levels does a Poke need while
    > holding a sunstone before it evolves into it's sunstone-irradiated
    > form? I'm trying to make a Gloom evolve into a Bellossom and
    > it's being rather stubborn after about 10 levels. Can anyone help?

    You'll be waiting a long time. :) You need to *use* the Sun Stone on
    the Gloom to evolve it, not *attach* it.

    -- White Cat
    http://pokedex.kary.ca/
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "The Magic Engineer" <pem79@flash.net> wrote in message

    > "daramark" <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > > "Disruptor" <mathews1@gt.net> wrote in message
    > >> Because I hate having limited amounts of useful stuff to play a game.
    > >

    > > Get a lot of the Sunstones from Ruby and when you can trade, equip every
    > > poke you trade with Sunstones.
    >
    > Speaking of sunstones, how many levels does a Poke need while
    > holding a sunstone before it evolves into it's sunstone-irradiated
    > form?

    How about trying something different than holding the item. Try using the
    item on the poke; it will work.

    I know it's difficult to remember waaay back to the original RBY, but we
    couldn't hold items then, so the logical thing was to use them. Now with
    holding, it's a bit more remembering.

    daramark
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    > "The Magic Engineer" <pem79@flash.net> wrote in message

    >> Speaking of sunstones, how many levels does a Poke need while
    >> holding a sunstone before it evolves into it's sunstone-irradiated
    >> form?
    >

    > How about trying something different than holding the item. Try using the
    > item on the poke; it will work.
    >
    > I know it's difficult to remember waaay back to the original RBY, but we
    > couldn't hold items then, so the logical thing was to use them. Now with
    > holding, it's a bit more remembering.

    Aaaaaah! *whaps forehead* See, I never played the originals.
    My first Pkmn game is my Ruby cart on my Gamecube (w/
    adaptor) Thanks, guys!

    All this time I'm thinking, 'the stones give off radiation, and enough
    exposure to it will cause evolution'. Way too engineering-like.
    Actually, way too comic-book like. =)

    Thanks!

    TME
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    > "daramark" <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > > "The Magic Engineer" <pem79@flash.net> wrote in message
    >
    > >> Speaking of sunstones, how many levels does a Poke need while
    > >> holding a sunstone before it evolves into it's sunstone-irradiated
    > >> form?
    > >

    > > How about trying something different than holding the item. Try using
    the
    > > item on the poke; it will work.
    > >
    > > I know it's difficult to remember waaay back to the original RBY, but we
    > > couldn't hold items then, so the logical thing was to use them. Now
    with
    > > holding, it's a bit more remembering.
    >
    > Aaaaaah! *whaps forehead* See, I never played the originals.
    > My first Pkmn game is my Ruby cart on my Gamecube (w/
    > adaptor) Thanks, guys!
    >
    > All this time I'm thinking, 'the stones give off radiation, and enough
    > exposure to it will cause evolution'. Way too engineering-like.
    > Actually, way too comic-book like. =)

    No problem.

    daramark

Games Nintendo Video Games