Experience Points Formulae

Hey, just wondering if anyone knows how exp is figured? I mean, I know that
each Pokemon is on on of four tables to level up at 4 different rates, and I
have *those* formulae.

What I'm asking is, if my Pikachu defeats a level 30 Zubat, what's the
formula for determining how much experience Pika gets? I haven't been able
to reverse engineer it yet, I guess my sampling is too small to derive a
pattern, but has anyone checked in the ROM to find this particular formula
yet?

Thanks.

Jim Haidle wrote:
> Hey, just wondering if anyone knows how exp is figured? I mean, I know that
> each Pokemon is on on of four tables to level up at 4 different rates, and I
> have *those* formulae.
>
> What I'm asking is, if my Pikachu defeats a level 30 Zubat, what's the
> formula for determining how much experience Pika gets? I haven't been able
> to reverse engineer it yet, I guess my sampling is too small to derive a
> pattern, but has anyone checked in the ROM to find this particular formula
> yet?

Experience gained = (Opponent's level * Exp. factor of opponent) / 7

"Experience factor" is multiplied by 1.5 in trainer battles (as opposed
to wild ones), and also by 1.5 if your Pokemon is traded. A list of
experience factors (except for the R/S Pokemon) can be found here:

http://www.turquoisecity.com/Labs/Studies/Experience.shtm

-- White Cat
http://pokedex.kary.ca/

Thank you, Cat. I see that without the all-important "Experience Factors"
my calculation attempts would have been in vain.

With those factors in place, however, I should be able to extrapolate the
R/S values by reverse engineering the formula for each existing value.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter.