can see floppy drive & can't access

I have two hard drives one has 2000 server one it and the other drive has
newly loaded xp on it.

I loaded xp on the second drive and set up two users one was admin but I
changed the name. When I go into explorer to access my A drive it says A:\ is
not accessible Incorrect function. It is not a floppy drive failure or disk
problem I can access the floppy in windows 2000.

I think the problem is with the administrative rights of the users. I got to
a place in administrative tools some where which I can’t find now and clicked
on something to access A drive and it told me the user doesn’t have access.

Any ideas

getaview,

Control Panel > Administration Tools > Local Security Settings.

Under Local Policies, select Security Options. Take a look under Devices:
Restrict floppy access to locally log-on user only. Make sure it is set to
Disabled.

--
Jabez Gan
Give me a chance, Let me help you!

"getaview" <getaview@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two hard drives one has 2000 server one it and the other drive has
> newly loaded xp on it.
>
> I loaded xp on the second drive and set up two users one was admin but I
> changed the name. When I go into explorer to access my A drive it says A:\
> is
> not accessible Incorrect function. It is not a floppy drive failure or
> disk
> problem I can access the floppy in windows 2000.
>
> I think the problem is with the administrative rights of the users. I got
> a place in administrative tools some where which I can't find now and
> clicked
> on something to access A drive and it told me the user doesn't have
> access.
>
> Any ideas

Jabez Gan thank you for your help and graet advice but that wasn't it. It is
disabled and I still have the problem any other solutions?

"Jabez Gan" wrote:

> getaview,
>
> Control Panel > Administration Tools > Local Security Settings.
>
> Under Local Policies, select Security Options. Take a look under Devices:
> Restrict floppy access to locally log-on user only. Make sure it is set to
> Disabled.
>
> --
> Jabez Gan
> Give me a chance, Let me help you!
> http://www.blizhosting.com
>

> "getaview" <getaview@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have two hard drives one has 2000 server one it and the other drive has
> > newly loaded xp on it.
> >
> > I loaded xp on the second drive and set up two users one was admin but I
> > changed the name. When I go into explorer to access my A drive it says A:\
> > is
> > not accessible Incorrect function. It is not a floppy drive failure or
> > disk
> > problem I can access the floppy in windows 2000.
> >
> > I think the problem is with the administrative rights of the users. I got
> > a place in administrative tools some where which I can't find now and
> > clicked
> > on something to access A drive and it told me the user doesn't have
> > access.
> >
> > Any ideas

Hey,

There was also a known bug with Nero (forgotten what version) that after
installing it, you will get the Incorrect Function error when accessing A:
drive.

Please try uninstalling Nero (if you have) and see if this fixes the
problem.

--

> Jabez Gan thank you for your help and graet advice but that wasn't it. It
> is
> disabled and I still have the problem any other solutions?
>
> "Jabez Gan" wrote:
>
>> getaview,
>>
>> Control Panel > Administration Tools > Local Security Settings.
>>
>> Under Local Policies, select Security Options. Take a look under Devices:
>> Restrict floppy access to locally log-on user only. Make sure it is set
>> Disabled.
>>
>> --
>> Jabez Gan
>> Give me a chance, Let me help you!
>> http://www.blizhosting.com
>>

>> "getaview" <getaview@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have two hard drives one has 2000 server one it and the other drive
>> >has
>> > newly loaded xp on it.
>> >
>> > I loaded xp on the second drive and set up two users one was admin but
>> > changed the name. When I go into explorer to access my A drive it says
>> > A:\
>> > is
>> > not accessible Incorrect function. It is not a floppy drive failure or
>> > disk
>> > problem I can access the floppy in windows 2000.
>> >
>> > I think the problem is with the administrative rights of the users. I
>> > got
>> > a place in administrative tools some where which I can't find now and
>> > clicked
>> > on something to access A drive and it told me the user doesn't have
>> > access.
>> >
>> > Any ideas

I had nero enterprise edition and just got rid of it. Deleted the A drive and
reloaded it and it didn't work. Question though can I go around XP and load a
driver in myself? I have tried this but XP keeps saying that the driver it
has is newer. Anyone out there have any other suggestions?