missing dll on boot

Ron

I have a win200 system that has developed a problem at
boot: during boot a message is displayed for about 2
seconds and then the system reboots and, of course the
same problem occours leaving me in a loop. There is an
option that allows one either to stop or reboot on a boot
error but, of course, I need a viable win system to set
the option. Does anyone know how to change this option by
booting from a boot diskette?

"Ron" <ron@cufley.com> wrote in message
> I have a win200 system that has developed a problem at
> boot: during boot a message is displayed for about 2
> seconds and then the system reboots and, of course the
> same problem occours leaving me in a loop. There is an
> option that allows one either to stop or reboot on a boot
> error but, of course, I need a viable win system to set
> the option. Does anyone know how to change this option by
> booting from a boot diskette?

Boot from your Win2000 CD, then go through a Repair
process. You will then have to re-apply the latest Service Pack.

Ron

Thanks for your help