RIS Problems with Compaq Evo (Ultra Slimline)

Hi,

I've been testing RIS for the past 2 months and it all seems to work fine,
with most of our hardware. However I've just tried to install windows 2000
to a Compaq Evo D51U (ultra slimline desktop) and received the following
blue screen error "Stop 0x00000BB - initialisation failure attempting to
boot from network".

The network card is an intel pro 100, which normally works fine with RIS.

These Evo's have been a problem in the past. For some reason you can't build
a hard disk then clone the disk for another evo, as it just fails with an
inaccessible boot disk error, each one has to be installed manually, which
takes a lot of time. I was hoping RIS would solve this problem. However it
looks like they are still going to cause problems.

I've searched MS site, however can't find anything on this problem. Can
anyone help?
--
Ben

IT Professional, MCP 70-210
"On my way to becoming fully certifiable!"
3 answers Last reply
More about problems compaq ultra slimline

    You need to update the RIS Server with new drivers...

    See this article
    How to add nic drivers to RIS Images
    http://www.wug-nordic.net/articles/ris-add-nic.htm

    regards
    Johan Arwidmark

    Windows User Group - Nordic
    http://www.wug-nordic.net

    On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:14:03 +0100, "Ben"
    <bjblackmore@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I've been testing RIS for the past 2 months and it all seems to work fine,
    >with most of our hardware. However I've just tried to install windows 2000
    >to a Compaq Evo D51U (ultra slimline desktop) and received the following
    >blue screen error "Stop 0x00000BB - initialisation failure attempting to
    >boot from network".
    >
    >The network card is an intel pro 100, which normally works fine with RIS.
    >
    >These Evo's have been a problem in the past. For some reason you can't build
    >a hard disk then clone the disk for another evo, as it just fails with an
    >inaccessible boot disk error, each one has to be installed manually, which
    >takes a lot of time. I was hoping RIS would solve this problem. However it
    >looks like they are still going to cause problems.
    >
    >I've searched MS site, however can't find anything on this problem. Can
    >anyone help?

    Hi,

    I have added the drivers for this NIC to the image, and it does boot of the
    NIC and run setup, however it is after the initial setup screen, that I get
    a blue screen of death with the error "Stop 0x00000BB - initialisation
    failure attempting to boot from network", I do not get the error saying
    "image does not contain drivers for your network adapter" which would
    indicate missing drivers.

    Ben

    "Johan Arwidmark" <johan.please_respond_to_forum.arwidmark@lutteman.se>
    wrote in message news:r038i0ti7vbgfn48foldv7trvfmb4fidsj@4ax.com...
    > You need to update the RIS Server with new drivers...
    >
    > See this article
    > How to add nic drivers to RIS Images
    > http://www.wug-nordic.net/articles/ris-add-nic.htm
    >
    > regards
    > Johan Arwidmark
    >
    > Windows User Group - Nordic
    > http://www.wug-nordic.net
    >

    > On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:14:03 +0100, "Ben"
    > <bjblackmore@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >I've been testing RIS for the past 2 months and it all seems to work
    fine,
    > >with most of our hardware. However I've just tried to install windows
    2000
    > >to a Compaq Evo D51U (ultra slimline desktop) and received the following
    > >blue screen error "Stop 0x00000BB - initialisation failure attempting to
    > >boot from network".
    > >
    > >The network card is an intel pro 100, which normally works fine with RIS.
    > >
    > >These Evo's have been a problem in the past. For some reason you can't
    build
    > >a hard disk then clone the disk for another evo, as it just fails with an
    > >inaccessible boot disk error, each one has to be installed manually,
    which
    > >takes a lot of time. I was hoping RIS would solve this problem. However
    it
    > >looks like they are still going to cause problems.
    > >
    > >I've searched MS site, however can't find anything on this problem. Can
    > >anyone help?

    We are using that exact model at a custome site, and for that
    particular OEM driver you'll either need to wither change the
    [SourceDisksFiles] paths in the .INF files or actually copying in the
    nic driver structure to the $oem$ structure...

    If cossing the file structure scenario the structure should look like
    this:
    $oem$\drivers\nic\Windows\Drivers\IA32

    Note: the INF files should be in $oem$\drivers\nic

    If you choose to modify the .INF files the drivers should be place
    directly in $oem$\drivers\nic

    dont forget to add following lines to ristndrd.si
    [Unattended]
    OemPreinstall = yes
    Oempnpdriverspath = \Drivers\nic\
    DriverSigningPolicy = ignore

    You can also try using the latest drivers from Intel for the Intel VE
    NIC (works with the VM cards)

    regards
    Johan Arwidmark

    Windows User Group - Nordic
    http://www.wug-nordic.net

    On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:58:24 +0100, "Ben"
    <bjblackmore@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have added the drivers for this NIC to the image, and it does boot of the
    >NIC and run setup, however it is after the initial setup screen, that I get
    >a blue screen of death with the error "Stop 0x00000BB - initialisation
    >failure attempting to boot from network", I do not get the error saying
    >"image does not contain drivers for your network adapter" which would
    >indicate missing drivers.
    >
    >Ben
    >
    >"Johan Arwidmark" <johan.please_respond_to_forum.arwidmark@lutteman.se>
    >wrote in message news:r038i0ti7vbgfn48foldv7trvfmb4fidsj@4ax.com...
    >> You need to update the RIS Server with new drivers...
    >>
    >> See this article
    >> How to add nic drivers to RIS Images
    >> http://www.wug-nordic.net/articles/ris-add-nic.htm
    >>
    >> regards
    >> Johan Arwidmark
    >>
    >> Windows User Group - Nordic
    >> http://www.wug-nordic.net
    >>

    >> On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:14:03 +0100, "Ben"
    >> <bjblackmore@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi,
    >> >
    >> >I've been testing RIS for the past 2 months and it all seems to work
    >fine,
    >> >with most of our hardware. However I've just tried to install windows
    >2000
    >> >to a Compaq Evo D51U (ultra slimline desktop) and received the following
    >> >blue screen error "Stop 0x00000BB - initialisation failure attempting to
    >> >boot from network".
    >> >
    >> >The network card is an intel pro 100, which normally works fine with RIS.
    >> >
    >> >These Evo's have been a problem in the past. For some reason you can't
    >build
    >> >a hard disk then clone the disk for another evo, as it just fails with an
    >> >inaccessible boot disk error, each one has to be installed manually,
    >which
    >> >takes a lot of time. I was hoping RIS would solve this problem. However
    >it
    >> >looks like they are still going to cause problems.
    >> >
    >> >I've searched MS site, however can't find anything on this problem. Can
    >> >anyone help?

Compaq Evo Windows