RIS Problems with Compaq Evo (Ultra Slimline)

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
August 18, 2004 7:14:03 PM

Hi,

I've been testing RIS for the past 2 months and it all seems to work fine,
with most of our hardware. However I've just tried to install windows 2000
to a Compaq Evo D51U (ultra slimline desktop) and received the following
blue screen error "Stop 0x00000BB - initialisation failure attempting to
boot from network".

The network card is an intel pro 100, which normally works fine with RIS.

These Evo's have been a problem in the past. For some reason you can't build
a hard disk then clone the disk for another evo, as it just fails with an
inaccessible boot disk error, each one has to be installed manually, which
takes a lot of time. I was hoping RIS would solve this problem. However it
looks like they are still going to cause problems.

I've searched MS site, however can't find anything on this problem. Can
anyone help?
--
Ben

IT Professional, MCP 70-210
"On my way to becoming fully certifiable!"
Anonymous
August 19, 2004 8:11:12 AM

You need to update the RIS Server with new drivers...

See this article
How to add nic drivers to RIS Images
http://www.wug-nordic.net/articles/ris-add-nic.htm

regards
Johan Arwidmark

Windows User Group - Nordic
http://www.wug-nordic.net

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:14:03 +0100, "Ben"
<bjblackmore@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've been testing RIS for the past 2 months and it all seems to work fine,
>with most of our hardware. However I've just tried to install windows 2000
>to a Compaq Evo D51U (ultra slimline desktop) and received the following
>blue screen error "Stop 0x00000BB - initialisation failure attempting to
>boot from network".
>
>The network card is an intel pro 100, which normally works fine with RIS.
>
>These Evo's have been a problem in the past. For some reason you can't build
>a hard disk then clone the disk for another evo, as it just fails with an
>inaccessible boot disk error, each one has to be installed manually, which
>takes a lot of time. I was hoping RIS would solve this problem. However it
>looks like they are still going to cause problems.
>
>I've searched MS site, however can't find anything on this problem. Can
>anyone help?
August 23, 2004 2:58:24 PM

Hi,

I have added the drivers for this NIC to the image, and it does boot of the
NIC and run setup, however it is after the initial setup screen, that I get
a blue screen of death with the error "Stop 0x00000BB - initialisation
failure attempting to boot from network", I do not get the error saying
"image does not contain drivers for your network adapter" which would
indicate missing drivers.

Ben

"Johan Arwidmark" <johan.please_respond_to_forum.arwidmark@lutteman.se>
wrote in message news:r038i0ti7vbgfn48foldv7trvfmb4fidsj@4ax.com...
> You need to update the RIS Server with new drivers...
>
> See this article
> How to add nic drivers to RIS Images
> http://www.wug-nordic.net/articles/ris-add-nic.htm
>
> regards
> Johan Arwidmark
>
> Windows User Group - Nordic
> http://www.wug-nordic.net
>

> On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:14:03 +0100, "Ben"
> <bjblackmore@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I've been testing RIS for the past 2 months and it all seems to work
fine,
> >with most of our hardware. However I've just tried to install windows
2000
> >to a Compaq Evo D51U (ultra slimline desktop) and received the following
> >blue screen error "Stop 0x00000BB - initialisation failure attempting to
> >boot from network".
> >
> >The network card is an intel pro 100, which normally works fine with RIS.
> >
> >These Evo's have been a problem in the past. For some reason you can't
build
> >a hard disk then clone the disk for another evo, as it just fails with an
> >inaccessible boot disk error, each one has to be installed manually,
which
> >takes a lot of time. I was hoping RIS would solve this problem. However
it
> >looks like they are still going to cause problems.
> >
> >I've searched MS site, however can't find anything on this problem. Can
> >anyone help?

Anonymous
August 23, 2004 7:08:31 PM

We are using that exact model at a custome site, and for that
particular OEM driver you'll either need to wither change the
[SourceDisksFiles] paths in the .INF files or actually copying in the
nic driver structure to the $oem$ structure...

If cossing the file structure scenario the structure should look like
this:
$oem$\drivers\nic\Windows\Drivers\IA32

Note: the INF files should be in $oem$\drivers\nic

If you choose to modify the .INF files the drivers should be place
directly in $oem$\drivers\nic

dont forget to add following lines to ristndrd.si
[Unattended]
OemPreinstall = yes
Oempnpdriverspath = \Drivers\nic\
DriverSigningPolicy = ignore

You can also try using the latest drivers from Intel for the Intel VE
NIC (works with the VM cards)

regards
Johan Arwidmark

Windows User Group - Nordic
http://www.wug-nordic.net

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:58:24 +0100, "Ben"

!