Connect VCR to computer

March 14, 2005 11:31:03 PM

How do I connect a VCR (analog) to the computer? Thanks.
--
Ed Avery

More about : connect vcr computer

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 1:57:24 AM

Hi Ed,

You'll need a video graphics card with the video and audio jacks.

Newtechie

"Obadoty" <Obadoty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I connect a VCR (analog) to the computer? Thanks.
> --
> Ed Avery
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 1:05:48 PM

or a tv tuner card, look into www.leadek.com and www.haupauge.com

Kenny

"Obadoty" <Obadoty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I connect a VCR (analog) to the computer? Thanks.
> --
> Ed Avery
March 15, 2005 10:44:39 PM

And once you have acquired the required hardware, use the Windows Movie
maker software to capture video from a VCR or an analog camcorder:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/21/...

--
HTH
Meena
"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
news:o nu7DXTKFHA.2852@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> or a tv tuner card, look into www.leadek.com and www.haupauge.com
>
> Kenny
>

> "Obadoty" <Obadoty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I connect a VCR (analog) to the computer? Thanks.
> > --
> > Ed Avery

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 4:40:23 PM

this is not needed, because most of the TV cards come with their own
software to record video

"Meena" <SAYNO2SPAM.emailmeena@gmail.com> wrote in message
> And once you have acquired the required hardware, use the Windows Movie
> maker software to capture video from a VCR or an analog camcorder:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/21/...
>
> --
> HTH
> Meena
> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o nu7DXTKFHA.2852@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> or a tv tuner card, look into www.leadek.com and www.haupauge.com
>>
>> Kenny
>>

>> "Obadoty" <Obadoty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How do I connect a VCR (analog) to the computer? Thanks.
>> > --
>> > Ed Avery

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 11:35:27 PM

you'd need a TV tuner card or a video card that supported video input from
a TV/VCR (eg Firewire port or similar).

!