Bad motherboard or video card

burntash

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
So a few weeks ago I ordered a new asus motherboard (against my better judgement nothin but problems with them) and pci-express evga (love these cards) geforce 7950gt from newegg, i even bought a new powersupply like 600w i think, with pci-express compatibility and i put all these parts in, i booted up and i got my awardbios beep codes of 1 long, 2 short. suggestin bad vga adaptor, great i thought! i unplugged everything and plugged back in and the machine still powers up, motherboard gets green light, even the vga card fan turns and blows air, but i still get bad vga adaptor beeps and the card is seated properly.

so i RMA both parts because i cant swap motherboards or videocards to see which is bad, the pci-e slot or the video card, so newegg ships me back 2 completely new (supposedly, i say because it happens again) and i put them in bootup and get the bios beep codes again for bad vga slot. my pc worked FINE with the powersupply and my old motherboard and videocard, its only when i put in this new mobo and video card that i cant boot my machine and i get the bios beeps. motherboard gets power and the vga fan spins on with power, but i never get a cleanboot and get to bios, i always get 1 long 2 short beeps for bad vga,... so my question is which of these 2 parts can it be and what are my chances that i got 2 bad parts in a row? what could be the problem here?! after spending $400 on this im getting a little mad that i have no pc at the moment and my new parts dont work!

parts in question:

motherboard

videocard