SCSI drives on new Win 2000 install

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I was running a SCSI drive on a WIN 2000 machine. I
added some hardware and one of the drivers was for
WIn98. In attempting to upgrade to WIN 200 drivers, I
must have deleted more than I should have. I am able to
boot from the old SCSI, but keep getting STOP errors and
memery dumps. I figured the easiest way to solve the
problem was to take an extra SCSI drive, format it and
use the WIN 2000 CD to install a fresh OS. However, if I
press F6 during setup, it prompts me to place a disk in
drive A to read the SCSI driver. The driver came on a
CD. Its too big to fit on floppy and I can't get the
setup to prompt me to switch over to the CD drives rather
than the floppy. Any suggestions?

I also tried to use the original SCSI as the boot (no
pins and thus is assigned drive 0) and then pinned the
new SCSI drive as drive 1. I was concerned that I might
get a stop error or memory dump in the middle of the
install, but thought it might be worth the risk. Then I
tried the install directly from the WIN 2000 CD. It
appears to be installing to drive 0 and I do not see any
prompts for directing the install on a specific drive.
It just defaults to 0 which it has assigned as drive C.

ANY help is appreciated.

BRIAN

The driver must be installed from floppy. The files you need will fit you
won't need the entire contents of the CD-Rom on floppy.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]