Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

SCSI hard drive on Windows 2000 new install

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 10:01:54 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

Have tried to install Win 2000 after reformatting a
recently gifted PC which turns out to have a SCSI hard
drive. Don't have any manufacturer's restore/support disks
with any SCSI drivers on them. Can anyone supply/advise
where I might obtain a SCSI driver to work under either
Win 2000 or Win 98?
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 1:13:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

You should get this from the hw manufacturer's website - put it on a floppy,
and when W2k setup is 'inspecting your system', press F6 to be prompted for
the floppy. You must press F6 immediately when it starts that process or
you'll "miss the highway exit", as it were.

RobnPete wrote:
> Have tried to install Win 2000 after reformatting a
> recently gifted PC which turns out to have a SCSI hard
> drive. Don't have any manufacturer's restore/support disks
> with any SCSI drivers on them. Can anyone supply/advise
> where I might obtain a SCSI driver to work under either
> Win 2000 or Win 98?
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 1:13:46 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

Thanks - problem is I don't know the drive manufaturer or
model. Donor friend lost the PC case key and I can't get
inside! I was hoping there might be a basic generic
driver somewhere - ?
>-----Original Message-----
>You should get this from the hw manufacturer's website -
put it on a floppy,
>and when W2k setup is 'inspecting your system', press F6
to be prompted for
>the floppy. You must press F6 immediately when it starts
that process or
>you'll "miss the highway exit", as it were.
>
>RobnPete wrote:
>> Have tried to install Win 2000 after reformatting a
>> recently gifted PC which turns out to have a SCSI hard
>> drive. Don't have any manufacturer's restore/support
disks
>> with any SCSI drivers on them. Can anyone supply/advise
>> where I might obtain a SCSI driver to work under either
>> Win 2000 or Win 98?
>
>
>
>.
>
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 1:13:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

Watch the screen at POST the controller should self identify or possibly
<Ctrl>H or <Ctrl>A at post will get you into controller bios.

--
Regards,

Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"RobnPete" wrote:
| Thanks - problem is I don't know the drive manufaturer or
| model. Donor friend lost the PC case key and I can't get
| inside! I was hoping there might be a basic generic
| driver somewhere - ?
Related resources
!