FR/LG mystery gift: What is it?

I have seen one thing on how to get the option on the loadup menu.
What does it do once I have it?

More about mystery gift

    Robert Wenzler wrote:

    > I have seen one thing on how to get the option on the loadup menu.
    > What does it do once I have it?

    Now I understand the wireless adaptors. Mystery Gift uses that. Two
    people choose Mystery Gift and away you go.

    Disruptor <mathews1@gt.net> wrote:
    > Now I understand the wireless adaptors. Mystery Gift uses that. Two
    > people choose Mystery Gift and away you go.

    Oh, neato... so it actually is the G/S/C-era infra-red Mystery Gift, not
    just Mystery Event ala R/S?

    --
    -----------
    Deep Thought

    "DeepThought" <deep.42.thought@gmailEARTH.com> wrote in message
    > Disruptor <mathews1@gt.net> wrote:
    > > Now I understand the wireless adaptors. Mystery Gift uses that. Two
    > > people choose Mystery Gift and away you go.
    >
    > Oh, neato... so it actually is the G/S/C-era infra-red Mystery Gift, not
    > just Mystery Event ala R/S?

    I know about the GSC Mystery Gift, but what is the R/S Mystery Event?

    daramark

    daramark <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote:
    > I know about the GSC Mystery Gift, but what is the R/S Mystery Event?

    You plug the $30 e-reader that nobody has into the GBA with R/S. You scan a
    useless berry or trainer-house card (or the semi-useful Eon Ticket) and
    select Mystery Event. Tah-dah.

    --
    -----------
    Deep Thought

    > daramark <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote:
    >> I know about the GSC Mystery Gift, but what is the R/S Mystery Event?
    >
    > You plug the $30 e-reader that nobody has into the GBA with R/S. You scan
    > useless berry or trainer-house card (or the semi-useful Eon Ticket) and
    > select Mystery Event. Tah-dah.

    Actually, I got one. Last summer they had a bundle with the E-reader and old
    style GBA for $79.99 so I bought one.

    "DeepThought" <deep.42.thought@gmailEARTH.com> wrote in message
    > daramark <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote:
    > > I know about the GSC Mystery Gift, but what is the R/S Mystery Event?
    >
    > You plug the $30 e-reader that nobody has into the GBA with R/S. You scan
    > useless berry or trainer-house card (or the semi-useful Eon Ticket) and
    > select Mystery Event. Tah-dah.

    Ahh! The Enigma Berry thing. And the Trainers with no money or experience.
    And the other L. I guess I just didn't know it's name was Mystery Event.
    And many people have them. Not me, but others.

    daramark

    DeepThought wrote:

    > Disruptor <mathews1@gt.net> wrote:
    > > Now I understand the wireless adaptors. Mystery Gift uses that. Two
    > > people choose Mystery Gift and away you go.
    >
    > Oh, neato... so it actually is the G/S/C-era infra-red Mystery Gift, not
    > just Mystery Event ala R/S?

    I'm guessing, based off the name and the fact that we now have wireless
    adaptors
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Disruptor" <mathews1@gt.net> wrote in message

    > DeepThought wrote:
    >
    >> Disruptor <mathews1@gt.net> wrote:
    >> > Now I understand the wireless adaptors. Mystery Gift uses that. Two
    >> > people choose Mystery Gift and away you go.
    >>
    >> Oh, neato... so it actually is the G/S/C-era infra-red Mystery Gift, not
    >> just Mystery Event ala R/S?
    >
    > I'm guessing, based off the name and the fact that we now have wireless
    > adaptors

    So, how do you mysteriously activate this gift thingie?
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Brion K. Lienhart <brionl@comcast.net> wrote:

    > So, how do you mysteriously activate this gift thingie?

    Go to any Pokemart, and talk to the piece of paper facing the door on the
    counter. Type in the words "LINK TOGETHER WITH ALL" (letter-based selection
    is great here) and submit. The shopkeeper will be all, "oh snap" and from
    then on you'll have the Mystery Gift option in the main menu below New Game.

    --
    -----------
    Deep Thought

    Mystery Gift gives three options, with the sub options
    Wonder Cards
    Wireless Communication (searches for
    Wireless Communication System)
    Friend (Please choose a trainer, but does
    not see the other GBA Trainer)
    Cancel
    Wonder News
    Same Options
    Exit
    There is a Nintendo sanctioned event this weekend at the Toys R Us, perhaps
    that will shed some light.

    > Robert Wenzler wrote:
    >
    >> I have seen one thing on how to get the option on the loadup menu.
    >> What does it do once I have it?
    >
    > Now I understand the wireless adaptors. Mystery Gift uses that. Two
    > people choose Mystery Gift and away you go.

  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Disruptor <mathews1@gt.net> wrote in message news:<414E157E.EC60B5C1@gt.net>...
    > Robert Wenzler wrote:
    >
    > > I have seen one thing on how to get the option on the loadup menu.
    > > What does it do once I have it?
    >
    > Now I understand the wireless adaptors. Mystery Gift uses that. Two
    > people choose Mystery Gift and away you go.

    I have two GBA with FireRed and LeafGreen. I started Mystery Gift at
    the same time with both of them. I choose WONDER CARDS:WIRELESS
    COMMUNICATION for both in the menu system. However, it never got past
    "searching for a WIRELESS COMMUNICATION STSTEM". neither GBA is
    further away from each other than my right anf left hand. ???
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    In article <PRr3d.9809$pA.361409@news20.bellglobal.com>,
    daramark <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote:
    >"DeepThought" <deep.42.thought@gmailEARTH.com> wrote in message
    >> daramark <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote:
    >> > I know about the GSC Mystery Gift, but what is the R/S Mystery Event?
    >>
    >Ahh! The Enigma Berry thing. And the Trainers with no money or experience.
    >And the other L. I guess I just didn't know it's name was Mystery Event.
    >And many people have them. Not me, but others.

    The other Lati?s comes with Soul Dew, which is a nice thing to have on
    one's Lati?s. Although I must admit that, when I got mine, I was hoping
    to have a little more use for it than that.

    david@thornley.net | If you don't, flee.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Robert Wenzler wrote:
    > I have two GBA with FireRed and LeafGreen. I started Mystery Gift at
    > the same time with both of them. I choose WONDER CARDS:WIRELESS
    > COMMUNICATION for both in the menu system. However, it never got past
    > "searching for a WIRELESS COMMUNICATION STSTEM". neither GBA is
    > further away from each other than my right anf left hand. ???

    Do they have to be pointed at one another?
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Adrian Tymes <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote:
    > Do they have to be pointed at one another?

    So the manual claims, but since they're radio and not infrared, it shouldn't
    matter unless your skin shields radiation. Which would just be cool.

    --
    -----------
    Deep Thought

    DeepThought wrote:
    > Adrian Tymes <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote:
    >>Do they have to be pointed at one another?
    >
    > So the manual claims, but since they're radio and not infrared, it shouldn't
    > matter unless your skin shields radiation. Which would just be cool.

    Unless the FR/LG carts themselves come with radio capability, a GBA is
    limited to its infrared port, no? (I don't know what the specs of a DS
    are.)
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Adrian Tymes wrote:

    > DeepThought wrote:
    >
    > > Adrian Tymes <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Do they have to be pointed at one another?
    > >
    > > So the manual claims, but since they're radio and not infrared, it
    > > shouldn't matter unless your skin shields radiation. Which would just
    > > be cool.
    >
    > Unless the FR/LG carts themselves come with radio capability, a GBA is
    > limited to its infrared port, no? (I don't know what the specs of a DS
    > are.)

    The GBA doesn't have an infrared port; AFAIK that was only on the GBC.
    The "radio not infrared" comment is referring to the Wireless Adapter
    that comes with Fire/Leaf.

    http://www.nintendo.com/accessoriesgba#a7a6993d-3b58-4a37-9f9e-dbae1e16827c

    -- White Cat
    http://pokedex.kary.ca/
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Robert Wenzler" <rwenzler@usachoice.net> wrote in message
    > Disruptor <mathews1@gt.net> wrote in message
    >> Robert Wenzler wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have seen one thing on how to get the option on the loadup menu.
    >> > What does it do once I have it?
    >>
    >> Now I understand the wireless adaptors. Mystery Gift uses that. Two
    >> people choose Mystery Gift and away you go.
    >
    > I have two GBA with FireRed and LeafGreen. I started Mystery Gift at
    > the same time with both of them. I choose WONDER CARDS:WIRELESS
    > COMMUNICATION for both in the menu system. However, it never got past
    > "searching for a WIRELESS COMMUNICATION STSTEM". neither GBA is
    > further away from each other than my right anf left hand. ???

    Apparently the Mystery Gift/News is only some that you get at a Nintendo
    event. There is supposed to be a Pokemon card-game special event at every
    Toy's 'R Us this saturday from 9:30 - 11:30, and they said something about
    bringing your gameboy too. I think I'll drop buy and check it out.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Brion K. Lienhart <brionl@comcast.net> wrote:
    > There is supposed to be a Pokemon card-game special
    > event at every Toy's 'R Us this saturday from 9:30 - 11:30, and they
    > said something about bringing your gameboy too. I think I'll drop buy
    > and check it out.

    The Nintendo newsletter send regarding the event says this:

    ___________________
    Visit your local Toys "R" Us from 9:30am - 11:30am on Saturday, September 25
    for a fun-filled Pokémon event!
    ---First 50 guests receive a FREE Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen character
    poster!
    ---Demo the newest Pokémon Trading Card Game expansion, EX FireRed &
    LeafGreen, and receive a FREE promo card and TCG playmat (while supplies
    last)!
    ---Bring your Game Boy Advance and your FireRed or LeafGreen video game and
    trade for one of your favorite Pokemon!
    ---Trade and battle with other Pokémon fans!
    ___________________

    ....So no special promo deal (sans the TCG card) is *specified*, but
    depending on how you look at it, something to do with FRLG is implied.

    --
    -----------
    Deep Thought

    It's just a replacement for the GBA link cable.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Once upon a time Disruptor decided to write:

    > Robert Wenzler wrote:
    >
    >> I have seen one thing on how to get the option on the loadup menu.
    >> What does it do once I have it?
    >
    > Now I understand the wireless adaptors. Mystery Gift uses that. Two
    > people choose Mystery Gift and away you go.

    These wireless adaptors are using radio frequencies from what I hear and not
    infrered, right? What purpose do these adaptors have. It sounds like it's
    for the mystery gift trading, but I thought it was one of those adaptors
    where you connect it to your GameCube. Is it for both maybe? I thought maybe
    it's a wireless GC to GBA connector/adaptor.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "©hr!2" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > These wireless adaptors are vsing radio freqvencies from what I hear and
    > not infrered, right? What pvrpose do these adaptors have. It sovnds like
    > it's for the mystery gift trading, bvt I thovght it was one of those
    > adaptors where yov connect it to yovr GameCvbe. Is it for both maybe? I
    > thovght maybe it's a wireless GC to GBA connector/adaptor.

    It allows yov to go into the Union Room. While yov're in there, yov can chat
    with other people, battle and trade with the pokemon in yovr party.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    ©hr!2 <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > These wireless adaptors are using radio frequencies from what I hear
    > and not infrered, right? What purpose do these adaptors have. It
    > sounds like it's for the mystery gift trading, but I thought it was
    > one of those adaptors where you connect it to your GameCube. Is it
    > for both maybe? I thought maybe it's a wireless GC to GBA
    > connector/adaptor.

    It's a really advanced link cable supplement. Yes, Wavebird GC connectivity
    would be nice, but doesn't look like it's gonna happen. For now, you can
    trade/battle with your friend from across the room using Motorola radio
    signals.

    Oh, on another "bummer" note, it seems Nintendo still loves making
    everything backwards compatible about the GBA EXCEPT the cable. It happened
    for GBC-GBA, and it happened here. The Wireless Adapter only works with
    compatible games, such as all the Classic NES titles, Digimon Racing, and
    FRLG.

    --
    Deep Thought

LG Newsgroup Video Games