Problems Replacing ME With 2000

I am attempting to do a clean install from the Windows 2000 cd on a
Sony laptop running me. The install is not working correctly. I
never get the prompts asking me what type of install I want, it just
starts installing over me, then fails, leaving me with a dual boot
screen that I cannot remove. I had to do a restore of me. Please
help!
1 answer Last reply
More about problems replacing 2000

    Are you booting from the Win 2k CD?

    You should be aware that *some* Sony laptops will not accept just any
    upgrade disk. I have a couple that came with XP home. To be able to upgrade
    it to XP professional I had to purchase Sony's upgrade disk.

    You might want to contact Sony support and check if the model laptop you
    have requires a Sony upgrade disk or if you can use a retail version.

    hth
    DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

    "T L" <titia111@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I am attempting to do a clean install from the Windows 2000 cd on a
    > Sony laptop running me. The install is not working correctly. I
    > never get the prompts asking me what type of install I want, it just
    > starts installing over me, then fails, leaving me with a dual boot
    > screen that I cannot remove. I had to do a restore of me. Please
    > help!

Clean Install Windows