Problems Replacing ME With 2000

I am attempting to do a clean install from the Windows 2000 cd on a
Sony laptop running me. The install is not working correctly. I
never get the prompts asking me what type of install I want, it just
starts installing over me, then fails, leaving me with a dual boot
screen that I cannot remove. I had to do a restore of me. Please
help!

Are you booting from the Win 2k CD?

You should be aware that *some* Sony laptops will not accept just any
upgrade disk. I have a couple that came with XP home. To be able to upgrade
it to XP professional I had to purchase Sony's upgrade disk.

You might want to contact Sony support and check if the model laptop you
have requires a Sony upgrade disk or if you can use a retail version.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE