Windows 2003 Setup problem.

Hi,

I am trying to work out how todo a fully unattended install of Windows 2003
server.

The problem is I can get most of it to work - except I keep getting prompted
on how to partition the disk. I thought I had the correct settings but it
does not work - I still get asked. Here is an extract can somebody point out
what I have set incorrectly. The hard disk is blank and I want a 10GB OS
partition

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
AutoPartition=1
MsDosInitiated="0"
UnattendedInstall=Yes

[Unattended]
UnattendMode=FullUnattended
OemSkipEula=Yes
OemPreinstall=Yes
TargetPath=\WINDOWS
UnattendSwitch=Yes
Repartition=Yes
ExtendOemPartition=10000
FileSystem=ConvertNTFS

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword="password"
EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
AutoLogon=Yes
AutoLogonCount=1
OEMSkipRegional=1
TimeZone=255
OemSkipWelcome=1

winnt.sif extract:

Thanks,

Ward.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows 2003 setup problem

    I have been looking into your problem and I have several questions about
    your unattended installation process:

    1) How are you starting the install (boot from CD, boot from floppy for
    network install, PXE boot for RIS install, etc)?
    2) What are the parameters you are giving the winnt.exe file to start the
    installation?
    3) When being prompted for partitioning, is the drive still unpartitioned?

    I assume the installation completes without further intervention after you
    manually specify partitioning information.

    Thanks,
    Mark Wilson [MS]
    rights."

Windows Server 2003 Microsoft Windows