Windows 2003 Setup problem.

Hi,

I am trying to work out how todo a fully unattended install of Windows 2003
server.

The problem is I can get most of it to work - except I keep getting prompted
on how to partition the disk. I thought I had the correct settings but it
does not work - I still get asked. Here is an extract can somebody point out
what I have set incorrectly. The hard disk is blank and I want a 10GB OS
partition

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
AutoPartition=1
MsDosInitiated="0"
UnattendedInstall=Yes

[Unattended]
UnattendMode=FullUnattended
OemSkipEula=Yes
OemPreinstall=Yes
TargetPath=\WINDOWS
UnattendSwitch=Yes
Repartition=Yes
ExtendOemPartition=10000
FileSystem=ConvertNTFS

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword="password"
EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
AutoLogon=Yes
AutoLogonCount=1
OEMSkipRegional=1
TimeZone=255
OemSkipWelcome=1

winnt.sif extract:

Thanks,

Ward.

I have been looking into your problem and I have several questions about
your unattended installation process:

1) How are you starting the install (boot from CD, boot from floppy for
network install, PXE boot for RIS install, etc)?
2) What are the parameters you are giving the winnt.exe file to start the
installation?
3) When being prompted for partitioning, is the drive still unpartitioned?

I assume the installation completes without further intervention after you
manually specify partitioning information.

Thanks,
Mark Wilson [MS]
rights."

TRENDING THREADS