[GRFL] Well, Nertz, no egg trading...

Apparently you can't trade eggs until after you have the National Pokedex. I
beat the Elite Four in my Red game, and got a new Green game so I can
complete my pokedex. I wanted to start out on my all Eeveeloution team so I
produced some Eevee eggs on Red. Then when I tried to trade them to Green (I
just had the pokedex, not even any badges) with the link cable, it said I
couldn't trade them yet. Doing wireless trades you have to trade an egg for
an egg.

Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
> Apparently you can't trade eggs until after you have the National
> Pokedex. I beat the Elite Four in my Red game, and got a new Green
> game so I can complete my pokedex. I wanted to start out on my all
> Eeveeloution team so I produced some Eevee eggs on Red. Then when I
> tried to trade them to Green (I just had the pokedex, not even any
> badges) with the link cable, it said I couldn't trade them yet. Doing
> wireless trades you have to trade an egg for an egg.

If you don't have any badges, are you even far enough into the game to trade
yet at all?

"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
>> Apparently you can't trade eggs until after you have the National
>> Pokedex. I beat the Elite Four in my Red game, and got a new Green
>> game so I can complete my pokedex. I wanted to start out on my all
>> Eeveeloution team so I produced some Eevee eggs on Red. Then when I
>> tried to trade them to Green (I just had the pokedex, not even any
>> badges) with the link cable, it said I couldn't trade them yet. Doing
>> wireless trades you have to trade an egg for an egg.
>
> If you don't have any badges, are you even far enough into the game to
> trade yet at all?

Yes, you can trade after you get the pokedex. I started a couple of new
games to get several extra starter pokemon.

Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
>>> Apparently you can't trade eggs until after you have the National
>>> Pokedex. I beat the Elite Four in my Red game, and got a new Green
>>> game so I can complete my pokedex. I wanted to start out on my all
>>> Eeveeloution team so I produced some Eevee eggs on Red. Then when I
>>> tried to trade them to Green (I just had the pokedex, not even any
>>> badges) with the link cable, it said I couldn't trade them yet.
>>> Doing wireless trades you have to trade an egg for an egg.
>>
>> If you don't have any badges, are you even far enough into the game
>> to trade yet at all?
>
> Yes, you can trade after you get the pokedex. I started a couple of
> new games to get several extra starter pokemon.

Wow, I didn't realize it happened that early in the game. I thought the
trading places didn't work until you were a few hours in, like in Cerulean
or something.

John Salerno wrote:
> Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
>> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> If you don't have any badges, are you even far enough into the game
>>> to trade yet at all?
>>
>> Yes, you can trade after you get the pokedex. I started a couple of
>> new games to get several extra starter pokemon.
>
> Wow, I didn't realize it happened that early in the game. I thought
> the trading places didn't work until you were a few hours in, like in
> Cerulean or something.

Another quick question. Can you trade between RS and FR/LG at all before you
do the island quest? Is that just to prevent you from trading new pokemon,
or can you not trade at all between the games before that point?

> Another quick question. Can you trade between RS and FR/LG at all before
> you do the island quest? Is that just to prevent you from trading new
> pokemon, or can you not trade at all between the games before that point?

Just tried it, and no, you can't trade. R/S gets an error, and FL/RG says
that you can't trade with trainers in far away areas.

> Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
>> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message

> Darn. So I guess you can't start FR/LG over just to get the starters and
> send them over. But are you saying that you can restart RS for the
> starters, and you can trade them to FR/LG (assuming you've done the island
> quest) right after you get the pokedex? You don't have to wait?

Well, I've already got all 3 starters for RS. Since I bought Sapphire first
& Ruby later, I restarted Ruby a couple times and traded the extras over to
Sapphire.