Can't see web page menus driven by Java Script

May 30, 2005 6:55:04 PM

Is there a solution to see Java Script enabled webpages via Pocket PC windows
2003?

I could not find any settings on my pocket PC internet explorer settings nor
I could find any help on the web for this

Thanks
MC
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 9:34:41 PM

MC,

Hello,

PIE is limited in it's Java abilities. For a run down of Java supported by
Pocket PC, visit
http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/fittond/ppc...

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner

"Mehmet Camci" <MehmetCamci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a solution to see Java Script enabled webpages via Pocket PC
> windows
> 2003?
>
> I could not find any settings on my pocket PC internet explorer settings
> nor
> I could find any help on the web for this
>
> Thanks
> MC
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 1:38:09 AM

"Mehmet Camci" <MehmetCamci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a solution to see Java Script enabled webpages via Pocket PC
> windows
> 2003?
>
> I could not find any settings on my pocket PC internet explorer settings
> nor
> I could find any help on the web for this
>
> Thanks
> MC

PIE will not rerender the dhtml/css 'display' property of a div or other
object via scripting.

That is how most javascript menus show and hide themselves. It will honor
the property at the initial render, the problem is most menus start out
hidden.

I do not know of an alternative. Maybe someelse does.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 10:51:08 AM

I could not find Java Run time for pocket PC 2003
at the given link (or I may have missed it)
Could you direct me to actual link, where I could download it.

Java no longer seem to support JRE for pocket PCs, neither Microsoft
supports Java anymore
MC

"Clinton Fitch, Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!" wrote:

> MC,
>
> Hello,
>
> PIE is limited in it's Java abilities. For a run down of Java supported by
> Pocket PC, visit
> http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/fittond/ppc...
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Clinton Fitch
> Senior Editor / Owner
> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
> http://www.clintonfitch.com
>
> A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!
>
> "Mehmet Camci" <MehmetCamci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a solution to see Java Script enabled webpages via Pocket PC
> > windows
> > 2003?
> >
> > I could not find any settings on my pocket PC internet explorer settings
> > nor
> > I could find any help on the web for this
> >
> > Thanks
> > MC

Anonymous
May 31, 2005 2:42:41 PM

That's right... If you want a better Javacript support, even JVM and plugins
support, then you should consider Access Netfront.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
Software for Pocket PC and Smartphone: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
Software for Pocket PC directly on your device:
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/inhand.asp

!