Red Hat dual boot

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
August 26, 2004 9:28:09 PM

Anyone can point me to the material for installing the Red Hat 9 with
Win2000 Server dual boot ?

More about : red hat dual boot

Anonymous
August 26, 2004 9:28:10 PM

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/i...
G.2. Installing Red Hat Linux in a Dual-Boot Environment

If you add Linux to existed Windows and want to use NTLDR, you should
uninstall GRUB/LILO and fix MBR.
'dd if=/dev/hd?? of=bootsec.rh9 bs=512 count=1' saves RH boot sector from
the ?? partition and you edit the boot.ini file adding the line

C:\bootsec.rh9="Red Hat 9"
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 11:48:30 PM

Use VM is very good,you can run readhat under windows.
"Alan" <NOSPAMalan_pltse@yahoo.com.au> дÈëÏûÏ¢
> Anyone can point me to the material for installing the Red Hat 9 with
> Win2000 Server dual boot ?

August 27, 2004 12:39:23 AM

"Alan" <NOSPAMalan_pltse@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> Anyone can point me to the material for installing the Red Hat 9 with
> Win2000 Server dual boot ?

If you prefer not to use lilo then you could use XOSL as
a boot loader. It's free, it has a very nice interface and
it will boot into anything.
Anonymous
August 27, 2004 2:09:04 AM

Last time I test-drove VM (some three years ago) its speed
was atrocious. Has it improved?

!