Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

[GLRF] No Jirachi for you!

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 2:37:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Since I was fooling around anyway, I figured I'd give that a shot. You can't
get the Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk .

More about : glrf jirachi

Anonymous
September 20, 2004 6:03:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
> Since I was fooling around anyway, I figured I'd give that a shot.
> You can't get the Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk .

But you can get it as many times as you want into RS, right? So you can just
trade it over onto a newly started game of RS? Man, I need multiple copies
of these games!
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 7:43:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
news:414e72b2$0$2662$61fed72c@news.rcn.com...
> Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
> > Since I was fooling around anyway, I figured I'd give that a shot.
> > You can't get the Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk .
>
> But you can get it as many times as you want into RS, right? So you can
just
> trade it over onto a newly started game of RS? Man, I need multiple copies
> of these games!


Way back I rented Red so I could get all the pokes into my Yellow and Blue.
I think that Blockbuster still rents games, you could try that.

daramark
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 8:04:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

daramark wrote:
> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:414e72b2$0$2662$61fed72c@news.rcn.com...
>> Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
>>> Since I was fooling around anyway, I figured I'd give that a shot.
>>> You can't get the Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk .
>>
>> But you can get it as many times as you want into RS, right? So you
>> can just trade it over onto a newly started game of RS? Man, I need
>> multiple copies of these games!
>
>
> Way back I rented Red so I could get all the pokes into my Yellow and
> Blue. I think that Blockbuster still rents games, you could try that.
>
> daramark

Good idea, didn't even think of that. Somehow the simple solutions elude me.
:) 
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 5:00:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

daramark <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Way back I rented Red so I could get all the pokes into my Yellow and
> Blue. I think that Blockbuster still rents games, you could try that.

(off-topic)
Green Leaf Red Fire? Okay... ^_^

Anyhoo, the Blockbuster near me used to rent GB games back in the Pokemon
Pinball 1 days... but for some reason they stopped ages ago. They no longer
rent GB or N64 games, and have shelves devoted to GC, PS2, and Xbox games
now.

--
-----------
Deep Thought
-----------
Erase the Earth
to g-mail me.
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 5:00:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"DeepThought" <deep.42.thought@gmailEARTH.com> wrote in message
news:m2L3d.138$sa.25@trndny05...
> daramark <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> > Way back I rented Red so I could get all the pokes into my Yellow and
> > Blue. I think that Blockbuster still rents games, you could try that.
>
> (off-topic)
> Green Leaf Red Fire? Okay... ^_^
>
> Anyhoo, the Blockbuster near me used to rent GB games back in the Pokemon
> Pinball 1 days... but for some reason they stopped ages ago. They no
longer
> rent GB or N64 games, and have shelves devoted to GC, PS2, and Xbox games
> now.


Well I admit I haven't been in Blockbuster almost since I returned Red, so
them not renting GBA Games doesn't really surprise me. But there are other
stores; up here we have one named Microplay, they rent games and buy and
sell them too. Now, I don't know if they rent GBA games, or Pokemon in
general. Poke around (no pun really intended) and see what's in your area.
I was shocked when I found out that our local library 'rents' DVDs for a
dollar plus library card.

daramark
September 21, 2004 5:29:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:HM-dnR7-D_go8dPcRVn-pw@comcast.com...
> Since I was fooling around anyway, I figured I'd give that a shot. You
> can't get the Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk .


Doesn't surprise me, but did you get the Ruby and Sapphire plates first?
Just to make sure.
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 5:29:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Chad wrote:
> "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:HM-dnR7-D_go8dPcRVn-pw@comcast.com...
>> Since I was fooling around anyway, I figured I'd give that a shot.
>> You can't get the Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk .
>
>
> Doesn't surprise me, but did you get the Ruby and Sapphire plates
> first? Just to make sure.

I think I read that you just can't transfer Jirachi to FR/LG because they
aren't quite compatible or something.
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 5:29:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Chad" <lgayman@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
news:1uL3d.7964$mb6.4478@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>
> "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:HM-dnR7-D_go8dPcRVn-pw@comcast.com...
>> Since I was fooling around anyway, I figured I'd give that a shot. You
>> can't get the Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk .
>
>
> Doesn't surprise me, but did you get the Ruby and Sapphire plates
> first? Just to make sure.

Yes, I already had the network machine activated. I was able to trade over a
Jirachi from Sapphire, just couldn't get a new one from the bonus disk.
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 6:09:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
>> Doesn't surprise me, but did you get the Ruby and Sapphire plates
>> first? Just to make sure.
>
> I think I read that you just can't transfer Jirachi to FR/LG because
> they aren't quite compatible or something.

Untrue. FRLG uses the same pokemon file system as R/S, meaning that Jirachi
is perfectly obtainable. What he's saying is that the US Coli bonus disc
won't dispense Jirachi, which makes sense because the disc wasn't designed
for FRLG's basic system, the same way that the Zigzagoon R/S demo disc
probably won't work on FRLG. If you have one in R/S, you should be perfectly
able to trade to FRLG, as long as you unlocked Hoenn Trading Mode.

--
-----------
Deep Thought
-----------
Erase the Earth
to g-mail me.
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 6:09:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

DeepThought wrote:
> John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Doesn't surprise me, but did you get the Ruby and Sapphire plates
>>> first? Just to make sure.
>>
>> I think I read that you just can't transfer Jirachi to FR/LG because
>> they aren't quite compatible or something.
>
> Untrue. FRLG uses the same pokemon file system as R/S, meaning that
> Jirachi is perfectly obtainable. What he's saying is that the US Coli
> bonus disc won't dispense Jirachi, which makes sense because the disc
> wasn't designed for FRLG's basic system, the same way that the
> Zigzagoon R/S demo disc probably won't work on FRLG. If you have one
> in R/S, you should be perfectly able to trade to FRLG, as long as you
> unlocked Hoenn Trading Mode.

That's exactly what I was saying. FR/LG aren't compatible with the bonus
disc. I didn't intend to say that they weren't compatible with Jirachi
itself.
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 2:44:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
> That's exactly what I was saying. FR/LG aren't compatible with the
> bonus disc. I didn't intend to say that they weren't compatible with
> Jirachi itself.

Ah, my mistake.

--
-----------
Deep Thought
-----------
Erase the Earth
to g-mail me.
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 11:21:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Brion K. Lienhart wrote:

> "Chad" <lgayman@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> news:1uL3d.7964$mb6.4478@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>
>>"Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>news:HM-dnR7-D_go8dPcRVn-pw@comcast.com...
>>
>>>Since I was fooling around anyway, I figured I'd give that a shot. You
>>>can't get the Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk .
>>
>>
>> Doesn't surprise me, but did you get the Ruby and Sapphire plates
>>first? Just to make sure.
>
>
> Yes, I already had the network machine activated. I was able to trade over a
> Jirachi from Sapphire, just couldn't get a new one from the bonus disk.
>
Did you trade the Sapphire Jirachi first? Maybe the disk detected it
was in the PokeDex already and disqualified you.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531
Webcomic: http://desperadocoyote.keenspace.com

My Adventure Quest character:
http://www.battleon.com/aq-chardetail.asp?temp=131213
You can play Adventure Quest at http://www.battleon.com

Sometimes, I notice someone has posted a reply to one of my messages and
I think, "Oh, great, what did I say this time?"
!