[GLRF] No Jirachi for you!

Since I was fooling around anyway, I figured I'd give that a shot. You can't
get the Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk .
12 answers Last reply
More about glrf jirachi

    Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
    > Since I was fooling around anyway, I figured I'd give that a shot.
    > You can't get the Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk .

    But you can get it as many times as you want into RS, right? So you can just
    trade it over onto a newly started game of RS? Man, I need multiple copies
    of these games!

    "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
    > > Since I was fooling around anyway, I figured I'd give that a shot.
    > > You can't get the Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk .
    >
    > But you can get it as many times as you want into RS, right? So you can
    just
    > trade it over onto a newly started game of RS? Man, I need multiple copies
    > of these games!

    Way back I rented Red so I could get all the pokes into my Yellow and Blue.
    I think that Blockbuster still rents games, you could try that.

    daramark

    daramark wrote:
    > "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
    >>> Since I was fooling around anyway, I figured I'd give that a shot.
    >>> You can't get the Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk .
    >>
    >> But you can get it as many times as you want into RS, right? So you
    >> can just trade it over onto a newly started game of RS? Man, I need
    >> multiple copies of these games!
    >

    > Way back I rented Red so I could get all the pokes into my Yellow and
    > Blue. I think that Blockbuster still rents games, you could try that.
    >
    > daramark

    Good idea, didn't even think of that. Somehow the simple solutions elude me.
    :)

    daramark <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote:
    > Way back I rented Red so I could get all the pokes into my Yellow and
    > Blue. I think that Blockbuster still rents games, you could try that.

    (off-topic)
    Green Leaf Red Fire? Okay... ^_^

    Anyhoo, the Blockbuster near me used to rent GB games back in the Pokemon
    Pinball 1 days... but for some reason they stopped ages ago. They no longer
    rent GB or N64 games, and have shelves devoted to GC, PS2, and Xbox games
    now.

    --
    -----------
    Deep Thought

    "DeepThought" <deep.42.thought@gmailEARTH.com> wrote in message
    > daramark <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote:
    > > Way back I rented Red so I could get all the pokes into my Yellow and
    > > Blue. I think that Blockbuster still rents games, you could try that.
    >
    > (off-topic)
    > Green Leaf Red Fire? Okay... ^_^
    >
    > Anyhoo, the Blockbuster near me used to rent GB games back in the Pokemon
    > Pinball 1 days... but for some reason they stopped ages ago. They no
    longer
    > rent GB or N64 games, and have shelves devoted to GC, PS2, and Xbox games
    > now.

    Well I admit I haven't been in Blockbuster almost since I returned Red, so
    them not renting GBA Games doesn't really surprise me. But there are other
    stores; up here we have one named Microplay, they rent games and buy and
    sell them too. Now, I don't know if they rent GBA games, or Pokemon in
    general. Poke around (no pun really intended) and see what's in your area.
    I was shocked when I found out that our local library 'rents' DVDs for a
    dollar plus library card.

    daramark

    "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Since I was fooling around anyway, I figured I'd give that a shot. You
    > can't get the Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk .

    Doesn't surprise me, but did you get the Ruby and Sapphire plates first?
    Just to make sure.

    Chad wrote:
    > "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> Since I was fooling around anyway, I figured I'd give that a shot.
    >> You can't get the Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk .
    >

    > Doesn't surprise me, but did you get the Ruby and Sapphire plates
    > first? Just to make sure.

    I think I read that you just can't transfer Jirachi to FR/LG because they
    aren't quite compatible or something.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Chad" <lgayman@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

    > "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> Since I was fooling around anyway, I figured I'd give that a shot. You
    >> can't get the Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk .
    >

    > Doesn't surprise me, but did you get the Ruby and Sapphire plates
    > first? Just to make sure.

    Yes, I already had the network machine activated. I was able to trade over a
    Jirachi from Sapphire, just couldn't get a new one from the bonus disk.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
    >> Doesn't surprise me, but did you get the Ruby and Sapphire plates
    >> first? Just to make sure.
    >
    > I think I read that you just can't transfer Jirachi to FR/LG because
    > they aren't quite compatible or something.

    Untrue. FRLG uses the same pokemon file system as R/S, meaning that Jirachi
    is perfectly obtainable. What he's saying is that the US Coli bonus disc
    won't dispense Jirachi, which makes sense because the disc wasn't designed
    for FRLG's basic system, the same way that the Zigzagoon R/S demo disc
    probably won't work on FRLG. If you have one in R/S, you should be perfectly
    able to trade to FRLG, as long as you unlocked Hoenn Trading Mode.

    --
    -----------
    Deep Thought

    DeepThought wrote:
    > John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
    >>> Doesn't surprise me, but did you get the Ruby and Sapphire plates
    >>> first? Just to make sure.
    >>
    >> I think I read that you just can't transfer Jirachi to FR/LG because
    >> they aren't quite compatible or something.
    >
    > Untrue. FRLG uses the same pokemon file system as R/S, meaning that
    > Jirachi is perfectly obtainable. What he's saying is that the US Coli
    > bonus disc won't dispense Jirachi, which makes sense because the disc
    > wasn't designed for FRLG's basic system, the same way that the
    > Zigzagoon R/S demo disc probably won't work on FRLG. If you have one
    > in R/S, you should be perfectly able to trade to FRLG, as long as you
    > unlocked Hoenn Trading Mode.

    That's exactly what I was saying. FR/LG aren't compatible with the bonus
    disc. I didn't intend to say that they weren't compatible with Jirachi
    itself.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
    > That's exactly what I was saying. FR/LG aren't compatible with the
    > bonus disc. I didn't intend to say that they weren't compatible with
    > Jirachi itself.

    Ah, my mistake.

    --
    -----------
    Deep Thought

    Brion K. Lienhart wrote:

    > "Chad" <lgayman@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Since I was fooling around anyway, I figured I'd give that a shot. You
    >>>can't get the Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk .
    >>

    >> Doesn't surprise me, but did you get the Ruby and Sapphire plates
    >>first? Just to make sure.
    >

    > Yes, I already had the network machine activated. I was able to trade over a
    > Jirachi from Sapphire, just couldn't get a new one from the bonus disk.

    Did you trade the Sapphire Jirachi first? Maybe the disk detected it
    was in the PokeDex already and disqualified you.

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com