need assistance with win 2K install

performing a clean install of win2K. It goes through the
first pass, believe it is called formatting, then it goes
to copy files stage and start to get error, first is
cryptext.dll. Does anyone know to fix this.
3 answers Last reply
More about need assistance install

    did you tried to change the windows CD ( source )
    i hope it help
    "ruby" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > performing a clean install of win2K. It goes through the
    > first pass, believe it is called formatting, then it goes
    > to copy files stage and start to get error, first is
    > cryptext.dll. Does anyone know to fix this.

    Does it do this at the same file if you try installation
    again? If so maybe the CD is scratched....

    Hmmm, I dont see any past cases with similar circumstance referencing
    specifically that file. I know cryptext.dll is a dll that IE uses. The
    following is a tool to repair IE if the system was up and
    running:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=194177

    Possible your Media is damaged or scratched as well. <-- this is my first
    suggestion.

    Ill try to research this a little more. In the meantime, please provide a
    step by step on how you are installing windows, condition of the install
    media, and Hardware (or check the hardware on the HCL at
    www.microsoft.com/hcl), your CDROM could also be having hardware issues,
    but I would expect to see more sporadic results and not to have it stop on
    the same file each time. Im almost willing to bet the media is corrupt in
    some way. Keep us posted.

    Elijah Landreth [MSFT]
    Microsoft Server Setup Team

    Search our Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/directory
    Visit the Windows 2000 Homepage at
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/default.asp
    See the Windows NT Homepage at http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/

    NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
    others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
    more timely response. Thank you!

    This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
    implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
    merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
    The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting are mine and do
    not necessarily express or reflect the views and / or opinions of
    Microsoft.
    or opinions of Microsoft.

Clean Install Microsoft Windows