CTRL+ALT+DEL

Hi, I hope you are having a great day.

A year after setting up my W2K machine, I then added a
second hard drive so save and store files to preserve
space on the C drive. This past week, I removed the 2nd
drive (D drive) and connected another drive that was
failing and had files I need to save before it crashed
completely. After installing this drive and booting the
PC, I received a message that some changes had occurred
and did I want to restart the PC. No know what changes
occurred and not caring at this point, I proceeded to
start the PC and save the files from the added drive.

After saving the files from this drive, I removed it and
added the original D drive back to the PC. When I rebooted
the PC it came to network logon screen and after putting
in password, it just returns to the CTRL+ALT+DEL signon
window. I've run the repair procedure and it went thru a
lengthy repair procedure but nothing changed. I've tried
starting in SAFE MODE and returning to last known good
configuration and all I get is the CTRL+ALT+DEL signon
window.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to restore this
machine to operation short of reinstalling the OS?

Thanks in advance and have a great day.

KP

This article may help.

Unable to Log on if the Boot Partition Drive Letter Has Changed
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q249/3/21.ASP

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional