[FGLR] Elite Four a lot tougher

In the last couple of games the so-called Elite Four have really been a
bunch of wimps, able to be beat with any old collection of mid-40 pokemon.
This time, however, they were a lot tougher. I went in the first time with a
team of mid-40 pokemon, and got my ass handed to me on a platter by Lorelei.
I had to try a half dozen or more times, leveled my team up to 52, evolved
Kadabra to Alakazam, and raised a Raichu to lvl 52 before I was able to beat
them.

"Brion K. Lienhart" wrote:

> In the last couple of games the so-called Elite Four have really been a
> bunch of wimps, able to be beat with any old collection of mid-40 pokemon.
> This time, however, they were a lot tougher. I went in the first time with a
> team of mid-40 pokemon, and got my ass handed to me on a platter by Lorelei.
> I had to try a half dozen or more times, leveled my team up to 52, evolved
> Kadabra to Alakazam, and raised a Raichu to lvl 52 before I was able to beat
> them.

That's only the first time. The next time you face the E$, they are going to be
a lot tougher.

"Disruptor" <mathews1@gt.net> wrote in message

> "Brion K. Lienhart" wrote:
>
> > In the last couple of games the so-called Elite Four have really been a
> > bunch of wimps, able to be beat with any old collection of mid-40
pokemon.
> > This time, however, they were a lot tougher. I went in the first time
with a
> > team of mid-40 pokemon, and got my ass handed to me on a platter by
Lorelei.
> > I had to try a half dozen or more times, leveled my team up to 52,
evolved
> > Kadabra to Alakazam, and raised a Raichu to lvl 52 before I was able to
beat
> > them.
>
> That's only the first time. The next time you face the E$, they are going
to be
> a lot tougher.

Is that an in-game thing, or will they keep growing stronger every time you
see them?
I don't know if I phrased that right, but I cannot think of another way to
say it....

daramark

Disruptor <mathews1@gt.net> wrote in message news:<414F2344.B1A009D7@gt.net>...
> "Brion K. Lienhart" wrote:
>
> > In the last couple of games the so-called Elite Four have really been a
> > bunch of wimps, able to be beat with any old collection of mid-40 pokemon.
> > This time, however, they were a lot tougher. I went in the first time with a
> > team of mid-40 pokemon, and got my ass handed to me on a platter by Lorelei.
> > I had to try a half dozen or more times, leveled my team up to 52, evolved
> > Kadabra to Alakazam, and raised a Raichu to lvl 52 before I was able to beat
> > them.
>
> That's only the first time. The next time you face the E$, they are going to be
> a lot tougher.

That'd be nice to see if I ever get my hands on a copy.

"daramark" <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> "Disruptor" <mathews1@gt.net> wrote in message
>> That's only the first time. The next time you face the E$, they are
>> going
> to be
>> a lot tougher.
>
> Is that an in-game thing, or will they keep growing stronger every time
> you
> see them?
> I don't know if I phrased that right, but I cannot think of another way to
> say it....

Yeah, I knew about that, I think I'm going to avoid them till my main team
is around lvl 60. :)

I *ass*u*me* that they only go up in power one time, the strategy guide only
doesn't say anything about continual increases.

ak

"Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in message

> I *ass*u*me* that they only go up in power one time, the strategy guide
> only doesn't say anything about continual increases.

I was wondering that myself...one of Agatha's Gengars is now at level 70 and
I can't remember if that matches the 2nd time I went through or not. I have
completed the final 4 - 5 or 6 times now.

Is anyone else at the point where they are ready to wipe the cart and start
over? I think the only thing I don't have is a Tauros and Kangaskhan...12
trips to the Safari Zone and only 2 sitings of Tauros and 6 of Kangashan
with no luck catching.

AK wrote:
> Is anyone else at the point where they are ready to wipe the cart and
> start over?

Why do that?

"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> AK wrote:
>> Is anyone else at the point where they are ready to wipe the cart and
>> start over?
>
> Why do that?

For me it gets a bit boring once I've caught just about everything and ...I
still need to get a bulbasaur. Playing the game over is more interesting
than just repeatedly fighting the final 4 once there is no place new to
explore.

Raph wrote:
> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
>> AK wrote:
>>> Is anyone else at the point where they are ready to wipe the cart
>>> and start over?
>>
>> Why do that?
>
> For me it gets a bit boring once I've caught just about everything
> and ...I still need to get a bulbasaur. Playing the game over is more
> interesting than just repeatedly fighting the final 4 once there is
> no place new to explore.

I guess just the idea of losing my pokedex is a little frightening. I've
collected so many, but probably not as many as a lot of people. I think I'm
on 126 right now.

> Raph wrote:
>> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Why do that?
>>
>> For me it gets a bit boring once I've caught just about everything
>> and ...I still need to get a bulbasaur. Playing the game over is more
>> interesting than just repeatedly fighting the final 4 once there is
>> no place new to explore.
>
> I guess just the idea of losing my pokedex is a little frightening. I've
> collected so many, but probably not as many as a lot of people. I think
> I'm on 126 right now.

Ahhh - yeah, I would move everything over to Box first so I could trade back
eventually. I prob won't reset it until after mid October when I am going to
NY - just in case we are able to get the two other island tickets at the
Pokemon Store in NYC. That way I will be close to completing my dex when we
go. I think I have 256 now so I have good start.

Raph wrote:
> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Raph wrote:
>>> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> For me it gets a bit boring once I've caught just about everything
>>> and ...I still need to get a bulbasaur. Playing the game over is
>>> more interesting than just repeatedly fighting the final 4 once
>>> there is no place new to explore.
>>
>> I guess just the idea of losing my pokedex is a little frightening.
>> I've collected so many, but probably not as many as a lot of people.
>> I think I'm on 126 right now.
>

> Ahhh - yeah, I would move everything over to Box first so I could
> trade back eventually. I prob won't reset it until after mid October
> when I am going to NY - just in case we are able to get the two other
> island tickets at the Pokemon Store in NYC. That way I will be close
> to completing my dex when we go. I think I have 256 now so I have
> good start.

I'll probably never get that close. How do you do it? You have someone to
trade with? I have Sapphire and LeafGreen, and two GBAs and a link cable, so
I suppose I could get a lot of it myself, but still.....

Raph wrote:

> Ahhh - yeah, I would move everything over to Box first so I could trade back

Is Box compatible with FR/LG?

> Raph wrote:
>> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> I guess just the idea of losing my pokedex is a little frightening.
>>> I've collected so many, but probably not as many as a lot of people.
>>> I think I'm on 126 right now.
>>

>> Ahhh - yeah, I would move everything over to Box first so I could
>> trade back eventually. I prob won't reset it until after mid October
>> when I am going to NY - just in case we are able to get the two other
>> island tickets at the Pokemon Store in NYC. That way I will be close
>> to completing my dex when we go. I think I have 256 now so I have
>> good start.
>
> I'll probably never get that close. How do you do it? You have someone to
> trade with? I have Sapphire and LeafGreen, and two GBAs and a link cable,
> so I suppose I could get a lot of it myself, but still.....

Btwn my hubby and myself we have Leaf / Fire and 2 copies each Ruby and
Sapphire, also Collosseum and Box

John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote:
> Is Box compatible with FR/LG?

Yes - once you unlock the national dex.

--
-----------
Deep Thought

DeepThought wrote:
> John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote:
>
>>Is Box compatible with FR/LG?
>

> Yes - once you unlock the national dex.

I thought I read it wasn't compatible with FR/LG, or maybe R/S? Or you
can use it with all four games?

"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
> DeepThought wrote:
>> John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Is Box compatible with FR/LG?
>>

>> Yes - once you unlock the national dex.
>>
> I thought I read it wasn't compatible with FR/LG, or maybe R/S? Or you can
> use it with all four games?

Works fine with all four - we can all store to and pull from same box -
right now we are using separate mem cards to keep collection separate.

John Salerno wrote:

> I'll probably never get that close. How do you do it? You have someone to
> trade with? I have Sapphire and LeafGreen, and two GBAs and a link cable, so
> I suppose I could get a lot of it myself, but still.....

With those games, you won't be able to get these Pokemon series:

Ekans, Growlithe, Shellder, Electabuzz, Scyther, Wooper, Murkrow,
Qwilfish, Delibird, Seedot, Mawile, Zangoose, Solrock, Groudon

That doesn't count the presently-unobtainable legendaries (Mew, Lugia,
Deoxys, etc.) or the restarting you'll have to do to get all the
starters, fossils, etc.

-- White Cat
http://pokedex.kary.ca/