[FGLR] Elite Four a lot tougher

In the last couple of games the so-called Elite Four have really been a
bunch of wimps, able to be beat with any old collection of mid-40 pokemon.
This time, however, they were a lot tougher. I went in the first time with a
team of mid-40 pokemon, and got my ass handed to me on a platter by Lorelei.
I had to try a half dozen or more times, leveled my team up to 52, evolved
Kadabra to Alakazam, and raised a Raichu to lvl 52 before I was able to beat
them.
16 answers Last reply
More about fglr elite tougher

    "Brion K. Lienhart" wrote:

    > In the last couple of games the so-called Elite Four have really been a
    > bunch of wimps, able to be beat with any old collection of mid-40 pokemon.
    > This time, however, they were a lot tougher. I went in the first time with a
    > team of mid-40 pokemon, and got my ass handed to me on a platter by Lorelei.
    > I had to try a half dozen or more times, leveled my team up to 52, evolved
    > Kadabra to Alakazam, and raised a Raichu to lvl 52 before I was able to beat
    > them.

    That's only the first time. The next time you face the E$, they are going to be
    a lot tougher.

    "Disruptor" <mathews1@gt.net> wrote in message

    > "Brion K. Lienhart" wrote:
    >
    > > In the last couple of games the so-called Elite Four have really been a
    > > bunch of wimps, able to be beat with any old collection of mid-40
    pokemon.
    > > This time, however, they were a lot tougher. I went in the first time
    with a
    > > team of mid-40 pokemon, and got my ass handed to me on a platter by
    Lorelei.
    > > I had to try a half dozen or more times, leveled my team up to 52,
    evolved
    > > Kadabra to Alakazam, and raised a Raichu to lvl 52 before I was able to
    beat
    > > them.
    >
    > That's only the first time. The next time you face the E$, they are going
    to be
    > a lot tougher.

    Is that an in-game thing, or will they keep growing stronger every time you
    see them?
    I don't know if I phrased that right, but I cannot think of another way to
    say it....

    daramark

    Disruptor <mathews1@gt.net> wrote in message news:<414F2344.B1A009D7@gt.net>...
    > "Brion K. Lienhart" wrote:
    >
    > > In the last couple of games the so-called Elite Four have really been a
    > > bunch of wimps, able to be beat with any old collection of mid-40 pokemon.
    > > This time, however, they were a lot tougher. I went in the first time with a
    > > team of mid-40 pokemon, and got my ass handed to me on a platter by Lorelei.
    > > I had to try a half dozen or more times, leveled my team up to 52, evolved
    > > Kadabra to Alakazam, and raised a Raichu to lvl 52 before I was able to beat
    > > them.
    >
    > That's only the first time. The next time you face the E$, they are going to be
    > a lot tougher.

    That'd be nice to see if I ever get my hands on a copy.

    "daramark" <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > "Disruptor" <mathews1@gt.net> wrote in message
    >> That's only the first time. The next time you face the E$, they are
    >> going
    > to be
    >> a lot tougher.
    >
    > Is that an in-game thing, or will they keep growing stronger every time
    > you
    > see them?
    > I don't know if I phrased that right, but I cannot think of another way to
    > say it....

    Yeah, I knew about that, I think I'm going to avoid them till my main team
    is around lvl 60. :)

    I *ass*u*me* that they only go up in power one time, the strategy guide only
    doesn't say anything about continual increases.

    "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > I *ass*u*me* that they only go up in power one time, the strategy guide
    > only doesn't say anything about continual increases.

    I was wondering that myself...one of Agatha's Gengars is now at level 70 and
    I can't remember if that matches the 2nd time I went through or not. I have
    completed the final 4 - 5 or 6 times now.

    Is anyone else at the point where they are ready to wipe the cart and start
    over? I think the only thing I don't have is a Tauros and Kangaskhan...12
    trips to the Safari Zone and only 2 sitings of Tauros and 6 of Kangashan
    with no luck catching.

    AK wrote:
    > Is anyone else at the point where they are ready to wipe the cart and
    > start over?

    Why do that?

    "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > AK wrote:
    >> Is anyone else at the point where they are ready to wipe the cart and
    >> start over?
    >
    > Why do that?

    For me it gets a bit boring once I've caught just about everything and ...I
    still need to get a bulbasaur. Playing the game over is more interesting
    than just repeatedly fighting the final 4 once there is no place new to
    explore.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Raph wrote:
    > "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> AK wrote:
    >>> Is anyone else at the point where they are ready to wipe the cart
    >>> and start over?
    >>
    >> Why do that?
    >
    > For me it gets a bit boring once I've caught just about everything
    > and ...I still need to get a bulbasaur. Playing the game over is more
    > interesting than just repeatedly fighting the final 4 once there is
    > no place new to explore.

    I guess just the idea of losing my pokedex is a little frightening. I've
    collected so many, but probably not as many as a lot of people. I think I'm
    on 126 right now.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    > Raph wrote:
    >> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Why do that?
    >>
    >> For me it gets a bit boring once I've caught just about everything
    >> and ...I still need to get a bulbasaur. Playing the game over is more
    >> interesting than just repeatedly fighting the final 4 once there is
    >> no place new to explore.
    >
    > I guess just the idea of losing my pokedex is a little frightening. I've
    > collected so many, but probably not as many as a lot of people. I think
    > I'm on 126 right now.

    Ahhh - yeah, I would move everything over to Box first so I could trade back
    eventually. I prob won't reset it until after mid October when I am going to
    NY - just in case we are able to get the two other island tickets at the
    Pokemon Store in NYC. That way I will be close to completing my dex when we
    go. I think I have 256 now so I have good start.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Raph wrote:
    > "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Raph wrote:
    >>> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> For me it gets a bit boring once I've caught just about everything
    >>> and ...I still need to get a bulbasaur. Playing the game over is
    >>> more interesting than just repeatedly fighting the final 4 once
    >>> there is no place new to explore.
    >>
    >> I guess just the idea of losing my pokedex is a little frightening.
    >> I've collected so many, but probably not as many as a lot of people.
    >> I think I'm on 126 right now.
    >

    > Ahhh - yeah, I would move everything over to Box first so I could
    > trade back eventually. I prob won't reset it until after mid October
    > when I am going to NY - just in case we are able to get the two other
    > island tickets at the Pokemon Store in NYC. That way I will be close
    > to completing my dex when we go. I think I have 256 now so I have
    > good start.

    I'll probably never get that close. How do you do it? You have someone to
    trade with? I have Sapphire and LeafGreen, and two GBAs and a link cable, so
    I suppose I could get a lot of it myself, but still.....
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Raph wrote:

    > Ahhh - yeah, I would move everything over to Box first so I could trade back

    Is Box compatible with FR/LG?
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    > Raph wrote:
    >> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> I guess just the idea of losing my pokedex is a little frightening.
    >>> I've collected so many, but probably not as many as a lot of people.
    >>> I think I'm on 126 right now.
    >>

    >> Ahhh - yeah, I would move everything over to Box first so I could
    >> trade back eventually. I prob won't reset it until after mid October
    >> when I am going to NY - just in case we are able to get the two other
    >> island tickets at the Pokemon Store in NYC. That way I will be close
    >> to completing my dex when we go. I think I have 256 now so I have
    >> good start.
    >
    > I'll probably never get that close. How do you do it? You have someone to
    > trade with? I have Sapphire and LeafGreen, and two GBAs and a link cable,
    > so I suppose I could get a lot of it myself, but still.....

    Btwn my hubby and myself we have Leaf / Fire and 2 copies each Ruby and
    Sapphire, also Collosseum and Box
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote:
    > Is Box compatible with FR/LG?

    Yes - once you unlock the national dex.

    --
    -----------
    Deep Thought

    DeepThought wrote:
    > John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Is Box compatible with FR/LG?
    >

    > Yes - once you unlock the national dex.

    I thought I read it wasn't compatible with FR/LG, or maybe R/S? Or you
    can use it with all four games?
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
    > DeepThought wrote:
    >> John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is Box compatible with FR/LG?
    >>

    >> Yes - once you unlock the national dex.
    >>
    > I thought I read it wasn't compatible with FR/LG, or maybe R/S? Or you can
    > use it with all four games?

    Works fine with all four - we can all store to and pull from same box -
    right now we are using separate mem cards to keep collection separate.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    John Salerno wrote:

    > I'll probably never get that close. How do you do it? You have someone to
    > trade with? I have Sapphire and LeafGreen, and two GBAs and a link cable, so
    > I suppose I could get a lot of it myself, but still.....

    With those games, you won't be able to get these Pokemon series:

    Ekans, Growlithe, Shellder, Electabuzz, Scyther, Wooper, Murkrow,
    Qwilfish, Delibird, Seedot, Mawile, Zangoose, Solrock, Groudon

    That doesn't count the presently-unobtainable legendaries (Mew, Lugia,
    Deoxys, etc.) or the restarting you'll have to do to get all the
    starters, fossils, etc.

    -- White Cat
    http://pokedex.kary.ca/

Games Elite Nintendo Video Games