Uninstall Windows 2000

I have win98 and completed a "clean" install of 2000
leaving the system operable on either operating system.
How do I uninstall windows 2000 and leave win98? Is it
possible in uninstall 2000 only?

Thank You
Patrickone@aol.com
2 answers Last reply
More about uninstall windows 2000

    Patrick wrote:
    > I have win98 and completed a "clean" install of 2000
    > leaving the system operable on either operating system.
    > How do I uninstall windows 2000 and leave win98? Is it
    > possible in uninstall 2000 only?
    >
    > Thank You
    > Patrickone@aol.com

    Highly doubtful. Once Windows is installed, you would have to (by hand)
    delete everything, restore boot and MBR records, track information, and
    most of all -- the registry.

    Consider yourself a dual-booter until you format/reinstall 98

    Sorry for the bad news.

    Greetings --

    Normally, assuming Win9x is installed to the C: drive, you'd just
    have to boot from your Win98/Me startup diskette, type "SYS C:." Then
    delete C:\NTLDR, C:\NTDETECT.COM, C:\BOOT.INI, C:\BOOTSEC.DOS, and
    C:\PAGEFILE.SYS. Delete or reformat the Win2K directory/partition, as
    applicable. Remove the startup diskette and reboot.

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    "Patrick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have win98 and completed a "clean" install of 2000
    > leaving the system operable on either operating system.
    > How do I uninstall windows 2000 and leave win98? Is it
    > possible in uninstall 2000 only?
    >
    > Thank You
    > Patrickone@aol.com

Windows 2000 Microsoft Clean Install Windows