Tags:
  • Tuner Cards
  • Pinnacle
  • Windows Vista
  • PCTV
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
March 3, 2007 3:26:33 AM

if anyone can help here, i have a pinnacle pctv card, was running media centre 4xx, have now got vista and cannot reload due to driver unavailibilty, tried to download from pinnacle the beta of tv centre which will work but it crashes at 90%, anywhere else can this be found????or any ideas??

More about : pinnacle

March 3, 2007 3:47:03 AM

1. Uninstall.
2. Burn the disc
3. Burn the card
4. Burn all Pinnacle employees
5. Repeat step 4 until satisfaction arises
March 3, 2007 3:51:23 AM

ok lets start again.....if i was going to buy another....tv tuner card, which one is most recommended???
Related resources
March 3, 2007 4:17:46 AM

Quote:
if anyone can help here, i have a pinnacle pctv card, was running media centre 4xx, have now got vista and cannot reload due to driver unavailibilty, tried to download from pinnacle the beta of tv centre which will work but it crashes at 90%, anywhere else can this be found????or any ideas??

Yeah go back to Windows XP until everything catches up with Vista.
March 3, 2007 1:06:45 PM

Quote:
ok lets start again.....if i was going to buy another....tv tuner card, which one is most recommended???
Agree with Ryan, wait until Vista SP-1. Regarding your desire for a new card after the "fire," how much are you willing to spend? Do you want to capture OTA digital, or just analog? One tuner, or two?
March 3, 2007 1:32:40 PM

Look Pinnacle will get this problem solved but with them and many other companies they're now in a catchup game that if M/S hadn't constantly pushed back the release date for Vista, these solutions would probably be available right now.

I just today recieved a patch for Power DVD7 to run on Vista, so Pinnacle isn't the only one, I wouldn't spend anymore money right now just wait or you may buy a brand new problem child.
March 3, 2007 2:33:09 PM

I have a Dazzle USB video editing device that came with pinnacle software. It worked with out a problem until I did a windows update. It would lock up when rendering the video, so I took a look at what windows updated. I found an update that was done to media player which was the only thing even remotely related to the problem. I uninstalled that update and low and behold it works flawlessly again. I have tons of home video between 1985 and 2006 that was on VHS and VHS-c that I have been converting to DVD. I have been doing like 3 or 4 a week since november and Im almost halfway there. Your problem now gives me another reason not to upgrade to Vista until Microsoft and other companies like Pinnacle get there things straight. I still have a Parallel port zip drive that I still use on occasion.