SMC BR24Q router and a Linksys NSLU2 NAS Solution

DeBoX

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
Cheers.

Well to make a long story short, I have a SMC BR24Q router and not long ago I decided to buy a Linksys NSLU2 network Storage system. Now the problem is that for some reason the router doesn't seem to want to communicate with the Linksys Hub. It doesn't even want to try to recognize it ?!?!

Now I have tested the NSLU on an older 3com router where it performed flawlessly! :?

Can someone enlighten Little old me on what to do next?? (BTW I have updated the firmware on everything I could find!)

While we are on the subject , ever since I started using the SMC router, my bandwidth seems to take a performance hit?? I have a 3 mbit line , but on average I only get 2,5-2,7 mbits ??? Now when I bypass the router or try the old 3com one then everything is as it should be...so anyone got a nice little solution to my bandwidth riddle???

Cheers and a thousand thanks in advance!! :)

DeBox

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
Have you tried a different nic cable?

As far as speed, sounds like the firewall may be pulling it down. If it has the capability to filter by text or sites. Disable that part, routers do not make good proxy servers.

DeBoX

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
Did that already.....didn't help much with the bandwith issue....ohh and I did try a few other cables ..still same problem.