MVP please help - S/W installation order for domain member

Hi,

I have an XP SP2 box with no S/W other than the operating system on it now.
I want to add packages such as .NET, SQL Server Client Utilities, MS Office,
Quick Books, Full Shot, et al.

I plan for this box to join a W2K Server SP4 domain and I would like all the
S/W to be available from both the domain and the XP local account.

Should I install new S/W before or after I join the domain? If the latter,
should I install the S/W while logged in locally or logged in as a member of
the domain?

Obviously SQL Server 2000 Client Utilities have no meaning except in the
context of the SQL Server Database Engine installed on my domain controller,
but a number of the others do.

Thanks in advance.
Valerie Hough

You can install it now as local admin - but when you join it to the domain,
make sure users can run the software. Quickbooks is notorious for requiring
full admin rights to the local computer (grrrr) - there may be others. Run a
full install of Office (run all from this computer).

FileMon and RegMon from Sysinternals may help you figure out what the apps
need access to so you can modify just those bits and not grant full godlike
powers to domain users, which is best avoided.