SBS2000 to Windows2000 server

I am trying to figure out how to dumb down my Windows 2000
SBS server to plain Windows 2000 server without loosing
anything.

Does anyone know how this can be done.

Not sure what you mean. These are very similar OS's at the core. The biggest
difference is that SBS has many Back Office Apps included so you could
uninstall those. Also SBS has to be the first DC in a domain and has to hold
the PDC Emulator role. Not sure what your trying to achieve here
though?????!!! What are you afraid of losing?

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"Ax" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to figure out how to dumb down my Windows 2000
> SBS server to plain Windows 2000 server without loosing
> anything.
>
> Does anyone know how this can be done.

You'd need to buy Windows 2000 server, install it on another box, and use
the migration tools. Or back up your data, export your Exchange data to PST
files, and install a copy of Win2k server on the current hardware from
scratch.

As Scott asked - what's your goal?