Mystery Gift - Still no luck...

So has anyone gotten this to go past "searching for wireless communication,
please wait"? Do you have to be at a certain point in the game to use it?
Cuz I can't seem to get a linkup with my daughter for the Wonder Cards or
the Wonder News.

"Jim Haidle" <dynatok@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> So has anyone gotten this to go past "searching for wireless
> communication, please wait"? Do you have to be at a certain point in the
> game to use it? Cuz I can't seem to get a linkup with my daughter for the
> Wonder Cards or the Wonder News.

I thought Mystery Gift was only for use at a Nintendo event or at the NYC
Pokemon Center?

Raph <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I thought Mystery Gift was only for use at a Nintendo event or at the
> NYC Pokemon Center?

In G/S/C, Mystery Gift (different from the R/S Mystery Event) was used
between two infrared ports to "pop" a randomized prize to each other. It has
been ASSUMED, based on the name and the different options, that the same is
true for this MG.

--
-----------
Deep Thought

"DeepThought" <deep.42.thought@gmailEARTH.com> wrote in message
> Raph <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I thought Mystery Gift was only for use at a Nintendo event or at the
>> NYC Pokemon Center?
>
> In G/S/C, Mystery Gift (different from the R/S Mystery Event) was used
> between two infrared ports to "pop" a randomized prize to each other. It
> has
> been ASSUMED, based on the name and the different options, that the same
> is
> true for this MG.

I've seen several places say that it's only Nintendo events. Especially
since nobody can seem to get it to work between two gameboys.