W2K New Install - harddrive (files & folder) problems

Hi.

Bought a new computer - no OS as I had my own Win2K cd.
Install went well - partitioning, formatting, and install.

However, as I load/install various apps (e.g., autoCAD or
MS Office), when I'm asked to reboot (restart) the system,
CHKDSK runs saying that the disk needs to be checked for
consistency. A couple of times, entire folders were lost
(and then found after CHKDSK finished).

I believe all my hardware is W2K compatible: ASUS P4P800
MB, WD 160GIG hd, Intel P4 3.0 processor, 512 MB DDR RAM.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Pete Bedard.
1 answer Last reply
More about install harddrive files folder problems

    If you can identify hd, look on hd manu.site for a disk checking utility

    "Pete" <pete.bedard5@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > Bought a new computer - no OS as I had my own Win2K cd.
    > Install went well - partitioning, formatting, and install.
    >
    > However, as I load/install various apps (e.g., autoCAD or
    > MS Office), when I'm asked to reboot (restart) the system,
    > CHKDSK runs saying that the disk needs to be checked for
    > consistency. A couple of times, entire folders were lost
    > (and then found after CHKDSK finished).
    >
    > I believe all my hardware is W2K compatible: ASUS P4P800
    > MB, WD 160GIG hd, Intel P4 3.0 processor, 512 MB DDR RAM.
    >
    > Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Pete Bedard.

Windows