W2K New Install - harddrive (files & folder) problems

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 5, 2004 2:31:14 PM

Hi.

Bought a new computer - no OS as I had my own Win2K cd.
Install went well - partitioning, formatting, and install.

However, as I load/install various apps (e.g., autoCAD or
MS Office), when I'm asked to reboot (restart) the system,
CHKDSK runs saying that the disk needs to be checked for
consistency. A couple of times, entire folders were lost
(and then found after CHKDSK finished).

I believe all my hardware is W2K compatible: ASUS P4P800
MB, WD 160GIG hd, Intel P4 3.0 processor, 512 MB DDR RAM.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Pete Bedard.
September 6, 2004 5:35:48 AM

If you can identify hd, look on hd manu.site for a disk checking utility