Installation date of Win 2k

We are having around 15 windows 2000 servers installed
long back. Is it possible to find out when exactly, like
which date the OS has been installed.

Thanks in Advance
Satheesh Kiran
6 answers Last reply
More about installation date

    I am not sure if this works after backup-restore:
    looking into Windows\repair directory. Files in that dir may contain the
    install date.

    --
    Mike J. Deakins

    "Satheesh Kiran" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > We are having around 15 windows 2000 servers installed
    > long back. Is it possible to find out when exactly, like
    > which date the OS has been installed.
    >
    > Thanks in Advance
    > Satheesh Kiran

    "Satheesh Kiran" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > We are having around 15 windows 2000 servers installed
    > long back. Is it possible to find out when exactly, like
    > which date the OS has been installed.

    Try 'systeminfo' from a command prompt, or 'netsh diag show os /v', or
    'srvinfo', or 'psinfo', or Aida32.

    I believe they all get it from
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\InstallDate

    Or look at the date stamp for %systemdrive%\ntldr (or
    %systemroot%\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\ under >NT5.0).

    I am unable to run the below commands in windows 2000
    server OS. In XP OS systeminfo is working and its showing
    me the install date.

    Even the registry in windows 2000 server OS doesn't
    contain the install date information.

    please let me know if any alternate method is available

    Regards
    Kiran
    wrote in message

    >> We are having around 15 windows 2000 servers installed
    >> long back. Is it possible to find out when exactly,
    like
    >> which date the OS has been installed.
    >
    >Try 'systeminfo' from a command prompt, or 'netsh diag
    show os /v', or
    >'srvinfo', or 'psinfo', or Aida32.
    >
    >I believe they all get it from
    >HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
    NT\CurrentVersion\InstallDate

    >Or look at the date stamp for %systemdrive%\ntldr (or
    >%systemroot%\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\ under >NT5.0).
    >
    >--
    >Michael Bednarek http://mbednarek.com/ "POST NO
    BILLS"
    >.

    Look at the date of your WinNT folder that will be the
    install date of the OS....

    On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 22:04:27 -0700, "Satheesh Kiran"
    <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    microsoft.public.win2000.setup:

    >I am unable to run the below commands in windows 2000
    >server OS. In XP OS systeminfo is working and its showing
    >me the install date.

    Sorry, my fault regarding systeminfo and 'netsh diag'; however,
    srvinfo is in the Resource Kit, and PsInfo and Aida32 are freely
    available.

    >Even the registry in windows 2000 server OS doesn't
    >contain the install date information.

    I think it does: (under Server 2000: ['$' is my PROMPT])

    $ reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" /v InstallDate

    ! REG.EXE VERSION 2.0

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
    InstallDate REG_DWORD 0x3b176aba

    >please let me know if any alternate method is available

    Try the date stamp on "%systemdrive%\System Volume Information".

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

    Look in c:\winnt for setupapi.log this is the history of your computer and
    by default all OS modifications and Hardware installations are appended
    here. Its a txt file that begins recording when she's born; just look at
    the first recorded date in the top of the file.

    Good Luck

    Elijah Landreth [MSFT]
    Microsoft Server Setup Team

    Search our Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/directory
    Visit the Windows 2000 Homepage at
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/default.asp
    See the Windows NT Homepage at http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/

    NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
    others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
    more timely response. Thank you!

    This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
    implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
    merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
    The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting are mine and do
    not necessarily express or reflect the views and / or opinions of
    Microsoft.
    or opinions of Microsoft.

Windows 2000 Microsoft Servers Windows