Installation date of Win 2k

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 6, 2004 6:10:37 AM

We are having around 15 windows 2000 servers installed
long back. Is it possible to find out when exactly, like
which date the OS has been installed.

Thanks in Advance
Satheesh Kiran

More about : installation date win

Anonymous
September 6, 2004 9:56:07 PM

I am not sure if this works after backup-restore:
looking into Windows\repair directory. Files in that dir may contain the
install date.

--
Mike J. Deakins

"Satheesh Kiran" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> We are having around 15 windows 2000 servers installed
> long back. Is it possible to find out when exactly, like
> which date the OS has been installed.
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Satheesh Kiran
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 3:51:36 AM

"Satheesh Kiran" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> We are having around 15 windows 2000 servers installed
> long back. Is it possible to find out when exactly, like
> which date the OS has been installed.

Try 'systeminfo' from a command prompt, or 'netsh diag show os /v', or
'srvinfo', or 'psinfo', or Aida32.

I believe they all get it from
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\InstallDate

Or look at the date stamp for %systemdrive%\ntldr (or
%systemroot%\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\ under >NT5.0).

September 7, 2004 3:51:37 AM

I am unable to run the below commands in windows 2000
server OS. In XP OS systeminfo is working and its showing
me the install date.

Even the registry in windows 2000 server OS doesn't
contain the install date information.

please let me know if any alternate method is available

Regards
Kiran
wrote in message

>> We are having around 15 windows 2000 servers installed
>> long back. Is it possible to find out when exactly,
like
>> which date the OS has been installed.
>
>Try 'systeminfo' from a command prompt, or 'netsh diag
show os /v', or
>'srvinfo', or 'psinfo', or Aida32.
>
>I believe they all get it from
>HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\InstallDate

>Or look at the date stamp for %systemdrive%\ntldr (or
>%systemroot%\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\ under >NT5.0).
>
>--
>Michael Bednarek http://mbednarek.com/ "POST NO
BILLS"
>.

September 7, 2004 4:02:44 PM

Look at the date of your WinNT folder that will be the
install date of the OS....
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 10:32:55 PM

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 22:04:27 -0700, "Satheesh Kiran"
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
microsoft.public.win2000.setup:

>I am unable to run the below commands in windows 2000
>server OS. In XP OS systeminfo is working and its showing
>me the install date.

Sorry, my fault regarding systeminfo and 'netsh diag'; however,
srvinfo is in the Resource Kit, and PsInfo and Aida32 are freely
available.

>Even the registry in windows 2000 server OS doesn't
>contain the install date information.

I think it does: (under Server 2000: ['$' is my PROMPT])

$ reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" /v InstallDate

! REG.EXE VERSION 2.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
InstallDate REG_DWORD 0x3b176aba

>please let me know if any alternate method is available

Try the date stamp on "%systemdrive%\System Volume Information".

September 9, 2004 6:54:09 AM

Look in c:\winnt for setupapi.log this is the history of your computer and
by default all OS modifications and Hardware installations are appended
here. Its a txt file that begins recording when she's born; just look at
the first recorded date in the top of the file.

Good Luck

Elijah Landreth [MSFT]
Microsoft Server Setup Team

Search our Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/directory
Visit the Windows 2000 Homepage at
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/default.asp
See the Windows NT Homepage at http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/

NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
more timely response. Thank you!

This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting are mine and do
not necessarily express or reflect the views and / or opinions of
Microsoft.
or opinions of Microsoft.
!