Need Batch file that runs whenever Windows is closed!

March 15, 2005 10:37:05 PM

Is there any way of witing a batch file that will run every time that
Windows is closed?
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 3:02:10 AM

I misstated my problem in my second posting at 9:57 PM. The sentence that
reads: "Apparently the directory %SystemRoot% (which is hidden) plays an
important part in XP Professional". Directory "%SystemRoot%" should have
been "%SystemRoot%\System32\GroupPolicy".

I would like to ask someone to address the issue I raise in my original
Post, concerning a method of running a batch file at logoff, in Windows XP
Home Edition.

Don J

"Don J" <dej4400@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Is there any way of witing a batch file that will run every time that
> Windows is closed?

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 3:02:11 AM

If you are running a batch file that has a dependency on Group policies,
then you simply cannot find anything that will work on XP Home.

Bobby

>I misstated my problem in my second posting at 9:57 PM. The sentence that
>reads: "Apparently the directory %SystemRoot% (which is hidden) plays an
>important part in XP Professional". Directory "%SystemRoot%" should have
>been "%SystemRoot%\System32\GroupPolicy".
>
> I would like to ask someone to address the issue I raise in my original
> Post, concerning a method of running a batch file at logoff, in Windows XP
> Home Edition.
>
> Don J

> "Don J" <dej4400@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Is there any way of witing a batch file that will run every time that
>> Windows is closed?

March 16, 2005 5:05:03 PM

The batch file is already written and running during startup. It is being
started by placing it in the "Startup" folder on the Start Menu. So I doubt
that it is dependent on Group Policies.

Don J

"NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote in message
> If you are running a batch file that has a dependency on Group policies,
> then you simply cannot find anything that will work on XP Home.
>
> Bobby
>

> "Don J" <dej4400@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I misstated my problem in my second posting at 9:57 PM. The sentence that
>>reads: "Apparently the directory %SystemRoot% (which is hidden) plays an
>>important part in XP Professional". Directory "%SystemRoot%" should have
>>been "%SystemRoot%\System32\GroupPolicy".
>>
>> I would like to ask someone to address the issue I raise in my original
>> Post, concerning a method of running a batch file at logoff, in Windows
>> XP Home Edition.
>>
>> Don J

>> "Don J" <dej4400@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Is there any way of witing a batch file that will run every time that
>>> Windows is closed?

Anonymous
March 17, 2005 12:05:45 AM

Since all automajical running of scripts at shutdown normally require the
bells & whistles that were left out of XP home (as you have discovered, GP
being the major one), why don't you create a shortcut to your batch file on
the desktop or on the startup/programs area. Then, in the last line of your
batch file, add the appropriate "rundll32 command" that instructs the
computer to "shutdown". Check the KB for the correct command, but there is
a restart, shutdown, logoff, etc options for rundll32 program.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
"Google is your Friend!"

!