windows loader (or window booter) problem

when i tried to install win2k into my new computer, and
after the bootup, it showed that the "window loader"
or "booter" (i am not sure which) is missing or
corrupted." What does it mean, and how do i fix it?

Start the install again. To do a clean install, either boot the Windows 2000
install CD-Rom or setup disks. The set of four install disks can be created
from your Windows 2000 CD-Rom; change to the \bootdisk directory on the
CD-Rom and execute makeboot.exe (from dos) or makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and
follow the prompts.

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"tg" wrote:
| when i tried to install win2k into my new computer, and
| after the bootup, it showed that the "window loader"
| or "booter" (i am not sure which) is missing or
| corrupted." What does it mean, and how do i fix it?

Well when i tried to boot from my win2k cd, the computer
went blank and nothing showing except a cursor blinking on
the left upper corner.

or other partitions
>found. After you delete the partition(s) abort the
install, then again
>restart the pc booting the CD-Rom or setup disks to avoid
unexpected drive
>letter assignments with your new install.
>
>--
>Regards,

newsgroup.
>Microsoft Certified Professional