screen goes blank during setup - reinstall with reformat w..

earlier, i completed an install "over " THE OLD C: partition ( 4
gigabyte ) and it was successful . However, there was not alot of disk
space left due to serveral earlier installs, so i decided to do a
slightly different reinstall where i formatted the C: partition as
part of setup options.

problem occurs after the 4 diskettes are read and all the drivers load
from the diskettes. Just after the setup tries to reboot, i can hear
the beep from the post , then the message "press N to boot from
network " flashes

then the screen goes black and just sits theere.

i wait more than 15 minutes and its just sitting there??

what to do??
2 answers Last reply
More about screen blank setup reinstall reformat

    You may need to turn off the network boot option in cmos setup.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "robert rowntree" wrote:
    | earlier, i completed an install "over " THE OLD C: partition ( 4
    | gigabyte ) and it was successful . However, there was not alot of disk
    | space left due to serveral earlier installs, so i decided to do a
    | slightly different reinstall where i formatted the C: partition as
    | part of setup options.
    |
    | problem occurs after the 4 diskettes are read and all the drivers load
    | from the diskettes. Just after the setup tries to reboot, i can hear
    | the beep from the post , then the message "press N to boot from
    | network " flashes
    |
    | then the screen goes black and just sits theere.
    |
    | i wait more than 15 minutes and its just sitting there??
    |
    | what to do??

    i left out the pre-requisite step of "FDISK".

    It was necessary to DELETE the partition prior to running setup.

    Setup alone , trying to format and install into the existing primary
    partition did not work.

    I had the additional problem of loosing all the other NTFS Logical
    Partitions that were on the same drive as the 8Gig primary partition.
    I never touched the other partitions or reformatted them. However,
    after windows install finished, it could not find theese partitions.

Partition Windows