Should I use the latest Gigabyte drivers/bios?

Decad02

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 ATX LGA775 Conroe P965 DDR2 PCI-E16 3PCI-E1 3PCI SATA2 GBLAN Audio Motherboard

I believe the bios and driver is the same ones that came with it in the box (I haven't updated them and I think the people who installed it just used the CD drivers). The driver version is 1.14 from 7/24/06. It is stable right now so I wasn't too keen on updating it (not to mention things can go wrong when you do).

However, I'm considering OCing my e6300 CPU and wonder if I should update those things.

Advice?

Thanks

i always use the latest drivers from the manafacturer eg intel for chipset drivers, realtek directly for latest drivers etc - companies like asus and leadtek etc seem to always have old outdated drivers

drivers can fix and support new features etc so

and bios for overclocking - yeah it will help (especially gigabyte) but sometimes the updates can worsen the overclock etc but for your motherboard it will make things better

Decad02

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
what do I download from Realtek? I've been having some problems getting surround sound to work properly in some games and maybe I need to update the drivers (I think realtek is my onboard sound), but I don't know what option to look for on their website.

what do I download from Realtek? I've been having some problems getting surround sound to work properly in some games and maybe I need to update the drivers (I think realtek is my onboard sound), but I don't know what option to look for on their website.

check what sound device you have eg in computer management, or device manager or sound settings etc - if its Realtek AC97 then look for that on there website same deal with Realtek HD Audio - get the latest to fix some issues

TRENDING THREADS